Page 1 of 5
So, it's well into August. This means the influx of 'What should I take to my dorm,' and 'What should I expect at uni?' threads are soon to come. So, to counteract this, let's get this thread going as an overall place to discuss university business.

Subjects include:
-Applications
-Course Recommendations
-What to take to your dorm/apartment
-What to expect from classes
-University Recommendations
-Anything else University Related.

Go ahead and start posting away, fellow students. I'm a Kinesiology Major at the University of Wisconsin. Go Badgers.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
English major at Northeastern University of Oklahoma

Go Badgers.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
history major at university of ottawa 2nd year, id say go school mascot, but are mascot is quite gay
Trombone Performance major at Indiana University. Go Hoosiers!
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Somebody had a picture of a triangle with either Good Grades, Social Life, Sleep in each corner and it says pick two.

That adequately sums up college.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by chud123
history major at university of ottawa 2nd year, id say go school mascot, but are mascot is quite gay

What the hell is wrong with the GeeGees?
Quote by Xiaoxi
Somebody had a picture of a triangle with either Good Grades, Social Life, Sleep in each corner and it says pick two.

That adequately sums up college.

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
^thank you

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'm actually a Riverhawk.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Biomed for my undergrad. Pharmacy for masters. go team?
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Bowling Green State University, music education major with focus on jazz guitar. **** the Falcons.
Quote by MangoStarr
i got a PhD..

PRETTY HUGE DICK!!!!

haha anytime someone says they're a PhD i picture a sigmund freud-looking guy. and i just pictured that same guy saying 'got a phd, pretty huge dick!'
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
My university sent me an email saying my application for on-campus accommodation was unsuccessful, and so if a place doesn't come up I'm going to have to haul ass down there (three hours away if traffic is good) in order to look for a place to stay. Sigh.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Might sticky this so I can re-read the whole thread in about 3 years..
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
2nd year Psychology major here attending Indiana State University, the people who brought you Larry Bird. Go Sycamores!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i'm going to university in a month :P
So, i'll pay atention to this thread !
Quote by rockingamer2

It's definitely possible to get all 3
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Going to a community college right now, but am going to transfer to Temple in Philadelphia next fall.

For anyone entering college this year, I would say get good grades your first year because it's ridiculously easy. At least for me it was. I've heard it gets pretty tough after the first two or three semesters though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
sophomore at Michigan State University studying advertising. I'm going to be an RA (AKA professional narc) this year, i'm not looking forward to having to write kids up for drinking haha.

Survey: What's the biggest class you've ever had?
My psychology 101 course last semester had 550 people in it D:
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by chud123

Go GeeGee's?!?!?!
I'm am going to Pacific Lutheran University in the fall. I'm planning on majoring in history and minoring in music.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Todd Hart
My university sent me an email saying my application for on-campus accommodation was unsuccessful, and so if a place doesn't come up I'm going to have to haul ass down there (three hours away if traffic is good) in order to look for a place to stay. Sigh.

Sad times, where's that?

Also,

GO BADGERS!
Quote by rockingamer2
I'm am going to Pacific Lutheran University in the fall. I'm planning on majoring in history and minoring in music.

My aunt graduated from there, it's ridiculously expensive, and even more for you if you're out of state.

I'm a sophomore at Central Washington University. I do electrical engineering and am getting a science honors degree. It's really tough, but fun.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I graduated last year. Bachelors degree in history.

I'm planning to go to grad school at some point. Possibly next fall. I have to decide what I want to pursue. I'm thinking either continuing with something in history, or maybe international relations.
Quote by rob904
What the hell is wrong with the GeeGees?

well for starters its the GeeGees but the damn thing is a horse

i mean what the shit is a geegee anyways?

edit: a geegee is british slag for a horse

I AINT NO GODDAMN IDIOT BRITISH CHILD WHO CANT PRONOUNCE HORSE!
Last edited by chud123 at Aug 8, 2011,
Quote by Random88

Seriously.

I managed to go out 2-3 nights a week, sleep enough most nights, and get good grades.

It really wasn't very difficult.
For Biology/Chemistry majors

First year is easy, get a 3.5 or higher GPA. Second year is also easy, however you will experience the first 'hard' class of your life, Organic Chemistry. It's not too difficult though, if freshman chemistry is a 3/10, then Ochem is a 6/10. First time you will have to actually study a lot, so it's considered a 'weeding out' class.

Third and fourth year are where the real studying begins. Makes Ochem look like a joke. I would sleep on the floor because my bed was covered in notebooks and papers week before exams.

Overall, school is pretty easy as long as you study hard. If you don't have a job, start looking into researching with professors and joining Pre-*YOUR MAJOR* clubs to prepare for graduate school and interviews.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
History major at Thompson Rivers University, starting my second year next month. I did pretty good last year but I'm going to work to hopefully bring my marks up even more.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
History major at Hampshire College. We don't have grades, so I don't have to play your silly "choose two" game

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I'll be moving into my dorm on the 27th. Freshman at Roanoke college, double major in music/creative writing. I'm essentially studying to be one of those hobos who spews poetry and plays guitar whilst being ignored by people with real jobs.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.
Quote by Random88

Maybe, if you're extremely German.
Although replace "social life" with "internets" and I could say I got 2.5

Also, if anyone is going to uni in the UK, don't go to Nottingham, or you'll run into me and awkwardness will ensue.
Last edited by sashki at Aug 8, 2011,
Naval Architecture at the Marine Institute in Newfoundland. I`m actually scared shitless.
UMass Amherst Class of 2015!

Shits gonna be so cash.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Page 1 of 5