^thanks

like i said, it's a demo, so it's not perfect yet, but yeah, synch isn't all that good i guess
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
the drums sound neat, could use a bit more variation.
the guitar is too bassy, especially for djent. it needs more treble and presence, needs to sound tight instead of fat and big.
i like the part being played, but it's just 1 part of a song that's being dragged on. there's too little happening yet.
I always find it boring when you play open strings in a cool pattern. so get some variation going, or at least have some parts inbetween that stir it up. also, you could play it faster, then it would sound a lot crazier.

It's not bad, it still needs some flavour though. so keep working on it!
thanks for the comment on mine
Quote by tarrei
the drums sound neat, could use a bit more variation.
the guitar is too bassy, especially for djent. it needs more treble and presence, needs to sound tight instead of fat and big.
i like the part being played, but it's just 1 part of a song that's being dragged on. there's too little happening yet.
I always find it boring when you play open strings in a cool pattern. so get some variation going, or at least have some parts inbetween that stir it up. also, you could play it faster, then it would sound a lot crazier.

It's not bad, it still needs some flavour though. so keep working on it!
thanks for the comment on mine

thankyou! as i said, it's a demo, but yes, i will be expanding on it and i will take your criticism on board, thanks for commenting
You know, I actually looked at this thread the other day and listened to the song but completely forgot to comment on it!

Alright, with my experience with djent, which is not very extensive, the guitar has that kind of impossible tone kind of sound. Like.. really low tuned guitars with a snapping sound. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, it's really hard to put it into words. But if you would add some more riffing in the song and get that tone I think it would be a lot better. Very nice rhythm playing.
Less palm muting, more aggressive riffing. I felt the entire song was just palm muting, no open single notes, no blasting power chords played stupidly fast in a complex rhythm, none of that. Get some more of that in there, and it'll be better.

Also, boost the holy crap out of your mids, cut the bass a tad, and slightly boost the treble, and double track, and run a bass guitar in there, and you'll be good.
thanks for the advice guys!

i'm going to add more to it, it's just a demo as of now. it's going to have more aggressive riffing and open power chords etc when i'm done with it.

i'll take the mixing advice, thanks for mentioning that ethan
I loved the drums... I would work a little more on the main riff... it has kind of a hook, but is not something that makes you remember the whole tune...

My songs
My Band songs

Gear:
Vox PathFinder R15
Epiphone G-400
Accord Strato
Acoustic Guitar
POD HD 300
Boss MT2
Boss CH1
Boss DS1
Tascam US-122 MKII