hi all,

hoping somebody could help me out or give me some advice cuz i really need it
have a fender stratacoustic and its about time i change the strings on it. i was hoping to equip it with some electric guitar strings (as opposed to electric-acoustic or just acoustic strings) but i dont know how thatll work out, if it will affect the guitar any. really would appreciate some feedback or any thoughts on the matter.
thanks in advance
Quote by WtrPlyr
Why do you want to put electric guitar strings on it? I find acoustic strings to sound a lot better on acoustics.

QFT

Electro acoustics are acoustics being amplified, do u like how an electric one sounds when played acoustic?

Greetings
For acoustics, I love Elixirs. They're so smooth, you can slide up and down the neck easily. AND they don't need to be changed very often at all. I've had some on for about 9 months (cause I'm cheap) and they're still incredibly smooth, although their tone is starting to go. But yeah, their sound is godly. In my opinion, of course...
Last edited by Fender1424 at Aug 8, 2011,
the reason i want to put electric strings is because the action on the guitar is a little high, ive adjusted it a bit but it didnt help, so i was hoping electric strings would maybe be a little bit softer with a little less tension.
LIke Fender142 sez.. try some lighter weight, coated strings. There's several that make light and lighter strings for acoustics. IIRC, I had some ultralites on one of mine that were a bit too thin. Sounded like an electric not plugged in! I ended up with Elixers, too. Still have D'Addrios on the 12 string..light weights there, too. If ya go too light, you may lose some resonance. That Stratocoustic is already a slim, small body. See if ya can find some 80/20 bronze in light. Should do ya right, sound-wise and ya might even find 'em in a coated variety??
I also have a Fender Stratacoustic and I put Elixir electric strings on it (nanoweb). If I am to be brutally honest, an unplugged Stratacoustic is an awful sounding guitar anyway, so I did't fret over the sound (pun intended) after switching to electric strings. Plugged in, you lose some punch, but you can compensate with some EQ.
i bent my wookiee
Quote by KBJAG
QFT

Electro acoustics are acoustics being amplified, do u like how an electric one sounds when played acoustic?

Greetings

Totally.
It's being amplified. Putting acoustic strings on it would ruin the delicate balance between the crystal lettuce and the fragile harmonics, ruining any sound you were trying to get.
Quote by DesmoBob
If I am to be brutally honest, an unplugged Stratacoustic is an awful sounding guitar

+1
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?