Page 1 of 2
welly welly well! rolling stone magazine did a poll on what is the greatest punk band of all time AND GREEN DAY IS THE BEST...what...the....f%^k

check it all out here http://dyingscene.com/news/rolling-stone-readers-select-the-ten-best-punk-rock-bands-of-all-time/

here is the list
10. Bad Brains

9. Social Distortion

8. The Misfits

7. Black Flag

6. Iggy & The Stooges

5. The Dead Kennedys

4. The Sex Pistols

3. Ramones

2. The Clash

1. Green Day

im pretty sure nofx or bad religion hell even operation ivy should be there what the shit?
Old news buddy.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/green_day_named_the_kings_of_punk.html

What do you expect from Rolling Stone magazine?

..and Nofx? seriously? I am a big fan and have all their albums but cmon man they're hardly breaking the mold.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I like how poorly written that UG article is.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
This Proves To All You So Called "punx" And Haters That Say Greenday Isnt Punk That Ur Wrong And They Really Are Better Than All Of Ur Stupid Poser Bands
I don't think it's terrible for a Rolling Stones list. I mean just think about their target audience for a second.
I'm an asshole.
Plus they included Entertainment!, so I'm happy.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
When I was younger I thought Rolling Stone was like a magazine that The Rolling Stones started or something.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
I don't even know who the target audience of Rolling Stone is. Music industry folks?

Sexual deviants that buy into the liberal agenda?
no discharge? list is full of fail.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Well it's all cause Green Day on facebook and stuff posted "Hey go vote for us" so their fans did, so more of their fans knew about it. I'm sure if they didn't post that they wouldn't be on there, but I am happy with the rest of the list. And may I add that maybe if it was a list of most influential POP-PUNK bands they would be up there, 'cause they really did pioneer it into the mainstream in the early days. And Ramones really are a pop-punk band, I mean they spent their careers trying to be the biggest thing out there but they just couldn't do it haha.
Quote by TheSmashing
Well it's all cause Green Day on facebook and stuff posted "Hey go vote for us" so their fans did, so more of their fans knew about it. I'm sure if they didn't post that they wouldn't be on there, but I am happy with the rest of the list. And may I add that maybe if it was a list of most influential POP-PUNK bands they would be up there, 'cause they really did pioneer it into the mainstream in the early days. And Ramones really are a pop-punk band, I mean they spent their careers trying to be the biggest thing out there but they just couldn't do it haha.

Can you explain to me how the Ramones tried to be the biggest thing out there? Also, there are many pop punk bands that are better than GD, MxPx, Hextalls, and The Teenage BottleRockets to name a few. I'm not a Green Day hater or anything, but there's many better pop punk band.
you're a stone fox
any real punk doesn't need a list to tell them the ramones are the best. Real punks don't care anyway.
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
Ya don't know a lot about the Ramones if ya don't know that they wanted to hit it big. If the Phil Spector stuff, "We Want the Airwaves," and the uncharacteristically almost-conventional-contemporary-radio-pop-rock songs scattered throughout most of their albums aren't enough evidence for ya, the members have always been explicit about their desire to be more than a kvlt band.

Ya really think MxPx are better than Green Day? That's weird. Not like I'm offended. Also they're called Teenage Bottlerocket. I don't like them at all but at least I know their name.

Not gonna lie, wasn't sure what I was talking about there, but yes, I do like MxPx more than Green Day. And I knew about the Ramones stuff, but I failed to recognize it. It is Teenage Bottlerocket, I'm not really a fan either, but of the few songs I've heard, I like them more than Green Day.
you're a stone fox
Quote by ibugppl
any real punk doesn't need a list to tell them the ramones are the best. Real punks don't care anyway.

>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by sargasm
Punks don't vote.

no we just dont give a shit <.<
No, we just know that parliamentary politics are entirely ineffective in furthering the struggle of the proletariat punks!
wheres x ray spex? theyre awesome and im pretty sure theyre classed as punk. ohwells idgaf
Soy un perdedor.

Sans.
Quote by Saint78
Can you explain to me how the Ramones tried to be the biggest thing out there? Also, there are many pop punk bands that are better than GD, MxPx, Hextalls, and The Teenage BottleRockets to name a few. I'm not a Green Day hater or anything, but there's many better pop punk band.

MxPx? Teenage Bottlerocket? .... no.

Buzzcocks, Descendents, The Jam, Screeching Weasel, The Queers ... some better choices for ya.
In terms of "mainstream" success, yeah I'll buy GD as #1. Never thought I'd see them on the same list as The Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, and Bad Brains though.

Nice to see Social D get some props.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
The Jam? .... no.

The Kinks, The Who, The Creation, The Small Faces, Pink Floyd ... some better choices for ya.

I'm pretty sure there's a joke here that's going over my head.

Anyways, The Gooningtons' album is the best and most important pop punk record since My Brain Hurts!
Quote by neidnarb11890
Robert Johnson is the best punk band ever.

Thanks man, means a lot

And yes I realise this is a terrible joke but I DON'T CARE *-)
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Last edited by SuperBlob at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by ManicRepression
MxPx? Teenage Bottlerocket? .... yes.

Buzzcocks, Descendents, Screeching Weasel, The Queers ... some other choices for ya.

Fix'd.
you're a stone fox
Greenday IS the kings of punk, hands down
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Robert Johnson is the best punk band ever.

you're a stone fox
He was probably confused on account of he didn't realize Negroes could be punk. It's a common misconception.
This thread reminded me of how much of an arrogant jerkface ManicRepression is. Way to keep the bar low man.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I think Green Day, Good Charlotte, and Simple Plan are the three greatest punk bands ever, but I would never be able to choose which one is best out of the three. It would just be impossible.
Quote by EddieOwen
I Look More Intelligent If I Start Every Word With A Capital Letter.
Likely He Tried To Type His Post In All Caps But UG Automatically Rewrites Your Post To Have Every Word Capitalized Instead Of Every Letter. Nice Way To Come Off As An Arrogant Prick While Proving Your Own Inexperience At Posting On The UG Forums.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Likely He Tried To Type His Post In All Caps But UG Automatically Rewrites Your Post To Have Every Word Capitalized Instead Of Every Letter. Nice Way To Come Off As An Arrogant Prick While Proving Your Own Inexperience At Posting On The UG Forums.

Ok well now I'm confused because UG is fully capitalised when it should be Ug.

The hell?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Page 1 of 2