Need some info on this. I was just taking my strings off to clean the guitar and put new strings on it, and I noticed down towards the head of the guitar, the frets are filed down a bit on the g, b and e strings. The damage looks like it starts at the 7th fret and it gradually looks worse down the neck towards the first fret. At the first one I can feel a slight groove and color wore off from my EAD strings on the first fret.

I'm pretty broke right now. I'm just wondering if it'd be completely necessary to get this fixed, what kind of work would be done to get this fixed, and how much would this cost me?

I'm feeling pretty depressed about this, tbh.
You've been playing your guitar! Its called fret-wear and its something that happens over time. If you notice intonation problems, dead frets or any other strange happenings when you play, then take the guitar to a trusted luthier to have new fret wires put on it.
Yeah I know that frets wear down over time.. i'm just wondering if it's really necessary to get fixed. I love this guitar.. I don't want it to get all screwed up on me.
Its natural. Nothing to worry about unless you notice the guitar playing really differently.

Depending on depth of the wear, you might want to get new fretwires.
it's not necessary to get your guitar refretted until the fret wear interferes with your playing or intonation.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
it's not necessary to get your guitar refretted until the fret wear interferes with your playing or intonation.

Or if it bugs the crap out of him... enough to post the question here?