Hey guys, I'm looking for a new amp since I've joined a band and we're looking to get serious. I also want to use it for my solo stuff, which is mainly that clean, ambient, shoe-gaze, post rock stuff. So I'm looking for something with really nice clean tones. Effects are not really a concern since I have a fair amount of pedals.

I'm gonna be gigging, too. So I need something loud enough for a small to medium sized venue. I've been looking at the Fender Blues Deluxe and I like it a lot. I don't know if it will be loud enough though, no idea how loud it can get. I also need to be able to keep my nice clean tones when I turn up the volume.

I'm also not really knowledgeable on all of the differences and advantages/disadvantages between a combo amp or an amp head with a cab. All I know is that I'm leaning towards something with tubes. If it helps, I play a Fender Mustang from 93 or 94, not quite sure.

I can provide more info if needed.

Thanks

EDIT: There's a link in my sig with my music so you can hear my style and get a feel for it.
Last edited by Fender1424 at Aug 15, 2011,
Someone on here who plays Post Rock uses a Laney VC30, I believe. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe would do what you want. Fender are always good for cleans. It really depends on budget though, and where you are in this vast world.
RIP Adam
Basically any amp with good cleans. Also, are you using onboard gain or pedals for dirt? Reverbs, delays, modulation? Got all those as well? You better! Also, what sort of post-rock are you playing? There are a ton of different types of sounds you could go for...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by SexyLikeAPig
Someone on here who plays Post Rock uses a Laney VC30, I believe. Fender Hot Rod Deluxe would do what you want. Fender are always good for cleans. It really depends on budget though, and where you are in this vast world.

Yeah, I've always heard good things about Fender tube amps. My budget is around $600 right now but I've been working a lot so I'm making a good amount of money.
Quote by LaidBack
Basically any amp with good cleans. Also, are you using onboard gain or pedals for dirt? Reverbs, delays, modulation? Got all those as well? You better! Also, what sort of post-rock are you playing? There are a ton of different types of sounds you could go for...

I have an overdrive pedal that I use on occasion and it does just fine. Haha I'm fine on all that, I have an MXR Carbon Copy for delay and I'm gonna be picking up a Cathedral reverb pretty soon. I also have a few other pedals that I don't use as often.

And I don't really know how to describe what I play. You can listen to my music, it's in my sig.
Vox AC15C1 all the way. I think the cleans are just as good as any Fender I've heard (besides my friend's old '69 Twin), and when you really crank the volume the tone is just incredibly articulate. And if you ever need overdrive, there's plenty on tap for what you're doing.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Vox AC15, Peavey Classic 30, used Fender Bassman, or Bandmaster.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've been looking at the Fender Blues Deluxe. I've heard good things, and the tweed looks nice. Any advice on that? I really like what I've seen/heard. For the most part. I heard something about the speaker being not so great. I also need to know if it's loud enough for gigging. Not some giant tremendous show, but still a decent size gig. I need to be able to get loud and still keep a nice pretty clean tone.

Also, I'm not sure of the differences between the DeVille and the Deluxe. I don't understand the what's changed. Can anybody help me with that?
Last edited by Fender1424 at Aug 15, 2011,
They're nice. They've got 'fender cleans.'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
The difference between the Deville and the Deluxe is that the former has one 12" speaker and the Devilles have your choice of 4 10"s or 2 12"s.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12