Page 1 of 2
Hi Pit,
I have an interesting question for you. How do you feel about schools that don't let you wear clothes that they deem too "inappropriate"?

I mean, I can understand them not wanting most Cradle of Filth shirts in schools given how awful the graphics often are...
But when I was in school I wasn't allowed to wear THIS t-shirt because the back of the shirt said "Corporate Rock *****s". I thought that was pretty harmless, c'est la vie.

Now I hear schools are cracking down even more and won't even let people wear the Nevermind album cover on a t-shirt because it shows the naked baby.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it negatively affects other in the school? How far should schools be allowed to censor their students clothes?
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Well my school has uniforms... soooo.....

I honestly wouldn't get butthurt about not being able to wear certain clothes, it's to be expected. It's not like I'm trying to impress all the kids at school with my shirts to show them how hcore I am.
I didn't like it when I was in high school, but I dealt with it because I wasn't the one giving me a free education.

Not that it was much of an education, though. California's education system is ridiculously bad.
Last edited by madbasslover at Aug 8, 2011,
My school lets anyone wear any shirt unless it shows: Drugs, offensive language and racial stuff, nudity. Yet they don't mind the Nevermind shirt. As I saw a couple of people wearing it at one point through the year..
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
My school doesn't allow guns on clothes, curse words, anything that is even close to suggestive, and boys are not allowed to have facial hair or hair beyond a certain length.

I don't mind any but the facial hair, I get lazy and don't shave, then get in trouble
Quote by Gorelord666
My school lets anyone wear any shirt unless it shows: Drugs, offensive language and racial stuff, nudity. Yet they don't mind the Nevermind shirt. As I saw a couple of people wearing it at one point through the year..

that seems very reasonable.

They always made me turn my Nirvana shirt inside out when I wore it. I was butthurt at the time, but now that I'm out of high school I don't really care.
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
Nice adbot.
And no I don't care, because while I think censorship is bullshit, if the people giving me a free education don't want me wearing the word **** on my shirt, I can wait until the weekend to wear it.
I had to wear smart trousers, shirt, tie, blazer and smart black shoes.

We weren't allowed to have t shirts under our shirts if they had a logo/pattern/colour that could be seen through the shirt, and we couldn't wear bright coloured socks, only black or white.

Even in 6th from, where there was no uniform, we were expected to wear relatively smart clothes, with no swearing or rude pictures/logos on.

I've always supported schools having uniforms. My old school were very strict on it, with the attitude that "if students are going to rebel against the school system, we'd rather they do it by way of uniform rather than anything more serious". It worked, too.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Aug 8, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
I didn't like it when I was in high school, but I dealt with it because I wasn't the one giving me a free education.

Not that it was much of an education, though. USA's education system is ridiculously bad.

Fixed and agreed.

The standard is usually no clothes with profanity or sexually suggestive things, or gang related stuff. The rules are reasonable, I suppose.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Our high school had strict dress codes. We weren't even allowed to have facial hair.

There was this one rule that said you couldn't wear anything promoting drugs, alcohol, or tobacco. But every other redneck would wear a Miller Lite or Marlboro shirt every day.

And they had the balls to harass me about my beard I only kept it because I had acne problems anyway.

Oh, Texas.
My school had a uniform. Didn't bother me, in fact I quite liked not having to worry about what I was going to wear.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
My high school had a "dress smart" dress code. We took classes at Houston Community College, so we were expected to look like college students. That meant collared shirts, jeans or any nice pants. Needless to say, we usually looked better than the people that showed up to HCC.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
My school was extremely hypocritical and sometimes corrupted a little. In second grade the principal made a kid turn his Pokemon shirt inside out because she thought it was evil. Not because of school policy, totally her personal beliefs. Everyone wheres Jesus shirts but I think a couple kids got in trouble for wearing things with pentagrams and such.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i wore the the and justice for all... shirt with the topless lady justice and a teacher said he liked it. some kid wore a hooters shirt and nothing bad happened. our school is relaxed.
We have an understandable (at times) but piss poorly enforced dress code at my school. The rules say no camo, BUUUUUUT every wannbe hick in the area can wear his realtree camouflage shirt, hat, coat, etc, and as soon as someone wears camo shorts, they have to get different ones.

First, what the f*ck? It's camo get the hell over it. Second, no camo, means "no camo" There's no * that says "Unless you're a hick/redneck wannabe."

Then there's a (female) shorts and skirt minimum length, basically, certain faculty members wear things that is shorter. Then, if that's not enough, they let all the hot girls wear stuff as short as they want, but the ugly ones can't. I'm not exactly complaining, but at least be fair

There's additional "no guns, suggestive material, foul language, etc" but they don't concern me as much.
No nudity and you're all set here. Its nice to see band shirts every once in a while.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
My school has a uniform: brown shoes, khaki pants, white shirt (that is designed to not be tucked in ^^) and a white jersey (because I'm a school senior) and blue jerseys for commoners - [prefects get dark blue jerseys, but I swear they're black!!!]
Civvies days are few and far between
But my school's rules are very fussy about appearance, but I don't often see them enforced - like my one friend has a fricking afro! and only one teacher has told him off so far. She just went up to him and said, "Are you a boy?" That was as funny as hell.

yeah....
If my school tried to enforce dress codes I'd go all punk of their ass and paint half of my face blue and stand up on a car and scream shit while wearing a death metal gore shirt.

Not really. But I like to imagine myself being that cool.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by rotten_days
I mean, I can understand them not wanting most Cradle of Filth shirts in schools given how awful the graphics often are...

I thought you were going to say "given how awful their music is". I wish you had said that, then I would have agreed with you. But you didn't, so I can't.

The high school I attended started cracking down on dress code policy in my senior year for some reason. I don't know what it's like now, but it was incredibly retarded. These things usually start with useless administrators who have so little to do with their time that they feel the need to demonstrate their superiority by making students conform to really stupid shit. They should all be fired and put on a sex offender registry.
We have a fairly strict uniform. On our non uniform days, they care more about flip flops and sweat pants than short shorts and v-necks. There is some reasoning to go along with it, but it's mostly bogus. I think they'd flip if I came in with a shirt that had a swear, had gore, or had drug-related stuff on it. Whatever, I'm gonna plant hemp, hibiscus, and fly agaric in the woods when I graduate anyway.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Well I remember my form tutor in year 7 and 8 had a backpack with pictures of topless women all over it....

When the younger girls have ridiculous short skirts the teachers often complain. But noone complains about the shorts they wear which are pretty much worse it seems.

I don't know what the school policy is but everyone usually wears relatively palin clothes and I stuck out with band t-shirts and I guess what can be considered 'satanic' designs and such. They don't care about the length of my hair. I guess all I have left to see is wether they care about my new school bag which is part of the Cannibal Corpse - The Wretched Spawn merchandise.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by bradulator
Fixed and agreed.

The standard is usually no clothes with profanity or sexually suggestive things, or gang related stuff. The rules are reasonable, I suppose.

Don't you put words in my mouth!

I don't actually know how the other states compare, but what I do know is that I hear a lot of "They taught you that in school?" when I'm talking to non-Californians about something I think I know.

California made me look stupid!
I don't think my school had a policy on this at all. I just graduated from the place and can't be arsed to check it out though...
Quote by madbasslover
Don't you put words in my mouth!

I don't actually know how the other states compare, but what I do know is that I hear a lot of "They taught you that in school?" when I'm talking to non-Californians about something I think I know.

California made me look stupid!

Doesn't the US have a standardised curriculum which every school is supposed to follow?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 8, 2011,
My school has a bit of a gang problem, so they only seem to care when the students wear too much red or blue. Or red or blue shoelaces.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtag
My school is pretty much the same as what everybody else said. They definitely favored certain students; the people who are related to or that sucked up to the staff got to wear whatever they want, not shave, etc.
Quote by sfaune92
I don't think my school had a policy on this at all. I just graduated from the place and can't be arsed to check it out though...

Doesn't the US have a standardised curriculum which every school is supposed to follow?

Nope. School curriculum, budgeting, and funding are decided at a state level. California's pretty much on the shit end of the stick for all of those.
Last edited by madbasslover at Aug 8, 2011,
My school let me wear a shirt with the columbine kids on it drinking 40 oz's, and my friend had a shirt that said "shoot the kids at school"

but shower caps wernt allowed
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by madbasslover
Nope. School curriculum, budgeting, and funding are decided at a state level. California's pretty much on the shit end of the stick for all of those.

It's pretty stupid here too. The school district split, so we end up with less funding. They spend more on making the schools huge and pretty looking than on education. I remember last year they almost laid off over 300 teachers or something like that. Now everything is more expensive and now we are printing out all of our registration.

Dumbasses.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 8, 2011,
Quote by slipknot5678
It's pretty stupid here too. The school district split, so we end up with less funding. They spend more on making the schools huge and pretty looking than on education. I remember last year they almost laid off over 300 teachers or something like that. Now everything is more expensive and now we are printing out all of our registration.

Dumbasses.

Bro, fix my typo for me before somebody sees it.
Quote by Burgery
If my school tried to enforce dress codes I'd go all punk of their ass and paint half of my face blue and stand up on a car and scream shit while wearing a death metal gore shirt.

Not really. But I like to imagine myself being that cool.

"They'll never take

our FREEDOM!"
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Sure, you can maintain the self delusion that you have some sort of important, pivotal individuality that, for some reason, can only be demonstrated through your taste in anti-social music defiantly displayed on your clothing...

OR...

You can just not do that.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
They let girls run around with dresses so short you could see their undies. But, they wouldn't let me wear a hat.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Page 1 of 2