First of all, excuse my English. I'll try to express myself as well as I can.

I own a ESP LTD Eclipse-1000, but I've always wanted to have a Gibson Flying-V since I am totally in love with the design. I would like to hear some opinions of owners about these guitar: the tone, the weight, the action, the trustability,... I'm totally ignorant of the different models there are of these guitar, so I would be very thankful if someone explained to me the differences among them. Any information I can recieve about these guitar will be welcome.

My band's style is mostly punk and metal, and I play rythm and lead guitar, if it helps. About the budget... money is not a problem. I start working in a month, and my job is very well paid (actually I'm afraid for the first time I'm gonna have money for buying stuff but not time for enjoying them).

Thank you in advance, I hope this didn't sound confusing.

well I own a gibson flying V and have gigged a fair bit with it.

I play in a metal band thats influenced by metallica BFMV and trivium as well as some prog stuff

anyways about the guitar:

Imo the stock pickups were garbage, so i installed EMG 81/60 in it, thinking back i probably shouldve put an 85 but the 60 sounds good regardless.

I does kind of neck dive when stading but its not that bad, mines very light, 7lbs at most.
they are very comfortable to play standing up, gibson nailed the placement of strap button on this one.

sound wise its not huge but its not thin or shrill. its like just there i guess.

the neck is very comfortable, very similar to my tele, but more rounded at the edges (atleast it feels that way to me)

if you have any other questions, PM me ill be glad to help you out
I have a custom shop Epiphone V, so you may take this with a pinch of salt, but it doesn't hurt to take some of it on board.

Mine has an alder body, mahogany neck of rosewood fingerboard. I personally love how it sounds unplugged. The pickups need to be changed, as Epiphone stock pups are pretty muddy, but after a pup change it should be grand.

Weight, it is a very light guitar. There is a bit of neck dive when playing standing, but I've never found it to be a problem. I found putting the strap on the first time a bit confusing as to which way round it should be put on due to button placement, but that's not a major problem.

I find the action to be a bit high, but I use it purely for rhythm lines so a high action isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. Playing leads on it could take a little getting used to though.

I've only had one major problem with it (that I didn't cause myself >.< ). A few months after getting it, the one of the connections on pick-up selector switch broke. It wasn't too big a deal to fix it though.
Hey, right up your alley. I own both a Gibson Flying V and an LTD Eclipse Deluxe EC-1000FM.

The Faded and Standard Flying V's are the exact same guitar, minus a final buff and clearcoat. And you get a hardshell case with the Standard. Pickups, woods, hardware, electronics, fretwork, it's all the same.

Which Eclipse do you have, the one with EMG's or the one with Duncans? V's are passive so I'll assume it has Duncans. The V isn't as versatile as the Eclipse, but it does metal and hard rock very well. The 500T in the bridge is a very aggressive factory pickup and sounds great distorted with plenty of high end bite and low end definition/chug.
I wasn't too impressed with the neck pickup in mine, I prefer a clean one in the neck, and swapped it for a Duncan '59. So my Eclipse and the V have the exact same pickup in the neck haha. The Eclipse's 59 sounds slightly better (noticeable on either channel), but then again the guitar itself is more versatile.

Weight: the Eclipse is a heavier guitar, but the V is still hefty. Both balance well when playing, so no neck-dive.

Action: I don't have a truss rod wrench for the V (you need the factory wrench for these btw, a regular hex socket won't fit it right) and I need to add a little more relief to the neck. It has good action now, but it needs to be a just a little lower. I have the Eclipse set up to a more traditional action, not really low and not real high. Sounds and plays great for what I use it for.

Durability: They're both top-notch instruments. Durability isn't an issue at that point. I've replaced quite a few parts on my Flying V but the factory stuff was plenty strong. It's all preference

Here's both of 'em, among others.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]