I'm talking about guys like Billy Sheehan, who play crazy fast bass solos fingerstyle. What are some other guys that play this way? Link vids if you want.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Doug Johns is f@cking insane on bass. He does a lot of fast stuff and plays fingerstyle.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
John Entwhistle. My bad if i got his last name wrong.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I'm pretty sure that Jeff Hughell uses fingerstyle a lot, but he taps an awful lot too.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
stu hamm
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
[inbe4 Cliff Burton][/inbe4 Cliff Burton]

Cliff Burton

All I know lol, I feel ashamed.
A better question would be is there bass shredders who use picks? :P

Steve DiGiorgio is pretty ballin. Theres the world famous Only Ash Remains solo. The Faceless' bassist does some shred.
Cliff Burton is a total badass on the bass.

Paolo Groggoto from Trivium has done some neat shred stuff in Torn Between Schillia and Charybdis and Becoming the Dragon. Both are dist bass.
juan from mars volta/older racer x etc.
Phenominal bass player and some stuff like the day of the baphoment bass solo intro is pretty sweet.
How has no one said Alex Webster yet? Cannibal Corpse and Blotted Science both have awesome bass tone and Webster is one of the best finger style bassists in my opinion.
Bassist/Vocalist-Visceral Violation
Mesa-Boogie Big Block 750/SWR Megoliath
Warwick Corvette
how about all the amateurs out there doing the same thing nobody knows about?

I have a lot of highspeed vids of COVERS, but here's me jamming on a righty CMG bass I got for free ( I'm lefty ), inverted strings busted TR and FB that is separating from the back just to jam on it before I took the neck off and sent it to my guy for repairs.

obviously a lot of string buzz from the separated FB, and the damn thing fighting me all the way, but you'll have that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqYBH4uf--o

I would love to see some others shredding at high speed who are on this board And Casket, yep that's my motto as well 4 fingers - vs- 1 pick
Quote by tofuhead
juan from mars volta/older racer x etc.
Phenominal bass player and some stuff like the day of the baphoment bass solo intro is pretty sweet.

Didn't Flea record the Day Of The Baphomets solo?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
Quote by Felkara
Didn't Flea record the Day Of The Baphomets solo?

Flea only played on De-loused as far as I know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mars_Volta
Juan has been their bass player since the year that de-loused came out according to wiki, with Amputechture being 3 years later.

If im wrong, let me know coz i got into him so much because when i first heard it i went holy shit and its probably the reason why i kept listening to volta enough to discover they are such an amazing band.
Quote by ThrashMetal014
I'm talking about guys like Billy Sheehan, who play crazy fast bass solos fingerstyle. What are some other guys that play this way? Link vids if you want.

Have you heard of Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clarke, Ray Brown? Mostly jazz men, some gone from us, yet, all incredible finger pluckers, slappers, poppers, etc.
Quote by BassDogDaddy
Have you heard of Jaco Pastorius, Stanley Clarke, Ray Brown? Mostly jazz men, some gone from us, yet, all incredible finger pluckers, slappers, poppers, etc.

+1

+ Tom Kennedy
+John Patitucci (also jazz guys)
Last edited by Paul 86 at Aug 12, 2011,