Hi all,

This is just something that I've started thinking about and that's to mix some clean guitar signal back into the mix. Kind of like mixing two loops together but one of those loops just being straight clean from the guitar.

The plan behind this is to simply add more layers to the sound and maybe get back some of that original "Attack" that comes straight from the guitar, like what a Voodoo Sparkle Drive pedal does.

Anyway, just keen to hear peoples suggestions or recommendations. I've looked at the Boss LS-2. I'd probably need to put like a dummy cable into one of the loops on this pedal i think. I also saw a xotic blender pedal.

Cheers.
Quote by josephgriffiths
This is just something that I've started thinking about and that's to mix some clean guitar signal back into the mix. Kind of like mixing two loops together but one of those loops just being straight clean from the guitar.

i do something similar. it started with running 2 amps to form a stereo field and i started running stereo effect. some of the stereo effects became overwhelming and i started wanting a wet/dry mix so i added another amp.

i actually run something like

guitar -> wah -> boost -> OD -> fuzz -> a/b/y box

the 'a' out from the box goes to my 'clean' amp while the 'b' signal goes on to all the extravagant effects (ring mod, harmonizers, phaser, delay, etc).

i know this sounds like alot, but i have done scaled down versions of the same thing. all my music man amps have 2 independent inputs and i have plugged 'dry' guitar into one side and 'wet' guitar into the other side. each side has it's own volume knob and i can mix to taste.

Quote by josephgriffiths
The plan behind this is to simply add more layers to the sound and maybe get back some of that original "Attack" that comes straight from the guitar, like what a Voodoo Sparkle Drive pedal does.

that was my purpose. i got a mutron bi-phase that was super sweet, but i sucked ALL of my original tone and it muddled my tonality so that you couldn't even tell what note i was playing. a 'dry side' took care of all that.

now, for the warnings... it doesn't give desired results immediately. this is not a full-on 'instant solution' (you know: 'perfect tone, just add guitar'). i have spent the better part of ~4 years practicing and improving my 'stereo, wet/dry' setup and making the most of what it can do.

here is a clip of a 3 amp setup, using it on a cover of a funkadelic song. it actually goes through quite a bit of a range of what it can do.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/gumbilicious/music/play775635
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Morley makes/made a blender pedal but it's kind of big but I bet you can get it pretty cheap. There are also quite a few blender/mixer circuits for guitar out there if you want to build one.