Hi I was just wondering if this is normal because the thicker part of my thumb (the lower part connected to my hand) scrapes against the heavier strings when I play higher strings. This isn't a problem on heavier strings obviously as there is no strings above them for it to push against.

Do I need to angle my wrist in a way to keep my hand off the lower strings because I've tried this and I can't really pick at all from that angle.
Doesn't really matter as long as the strings aren't ringing out. The thumb can actually be pretty useful for muting the lower strings.
Originally posted by raygreendaystud
your a fag, listen to real music like green day, you moron
Ya it's fine, in fact that puts your thumb in a position to be another piece of skin to prevent the lower strings from muting out. Lots of players do what you do (although intentionally)
It's a good thing, it keeps the lower strings from ringing as has already been said.

Don't correct it, you really don't want to. You really don't need to float your hand completely, I don't know where you got that idea from.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by MYBALLSHURT

Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by MYBALLSHURT

OP : Keep it that way , as said earlier.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Alright thanks guys I was just making sure. It does mute the strings which is good.