I just got a new MacBook Pro 13.3" today. It's lovely in every way, yes yes yes yes. But the biggest problem I've run into is transferring my music. I've set up the home sharing option over both my old iTunes library and the new library and I've essentially transferred the music that I wish to transfer.

But the way that I listen to my music is I have a playlist of all my favorite 5-starred songs -- the play list is titled "Best!" -- and the playlist is ordered by the "Date Added" option from most recent to least.

This is now not possible due to the fact that all of the songs in the new library have been added at the same time. Is there some way I can preserve the data (whatever file format it's in) from my original library and somehow copy it over to the songs that it applies to on my library.

It is so incredibly important that I can preserve the order of my playlist!! Please help.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

why the hell do u want to preserve the order of your play list?

shuffle my friend, if a song comes on you dont like you probably shouldent have downloaded it
In Windows for iTunes, there's files like "iTunes Library" or "iTunes Music Library" that keep information like the date added, playlists and play counts. I'm not sure if Mac OS X would have the same.
Excel that list and put it in order yourself!

..Probably faster than finding some 'quick' method to do it for you regardless of how time consuming it may be.

^Agree, shuffle your music. How can you possibly listen to it in the same order every time..
Quote by Kirenjob
Excel that list and put it in order yourself!

..Probably faster than finding some 'quick' method to do it for you regardless of how time consuming it may be.

^Agree, shuffle your music. How can you possibly listen to it in the same order every time..

I can choose to order my music based on "Date Added" and then shuffle my music whenever I please.

I don't know how a lot of other people listen to music, but when I listen to something from 3 months ago, that song reminds me of what was going on in my life 3 months ago. The ability to be able to go through a chronological list of my most recently added to least recently added is important to me. I don't see the need for people to get upset by how I listen to my music.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Look through your old computer for your .ITL file. It's the itunes library database file, it keeps track of all sorts of stuff. If you transfer that to your new computer and put all your music in the same directories in your new computer, your library should transfer over entirely flawlessly.
anyone know how to do transfer music from an ipod to a computer using windows 7? iDump doesn't exist anymore, and i don't have this stuff saved anywhere else >.<
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr