i just got my first "real guitar" (2009 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro) its a BEAUTIFUL looking guitar.....one problem...the stock bridge pickup (burstbucker III zebra colored) has a very thin bitey sound...and this guitar has coil splitting and if i change my bridge pickup to something like a 57 classic will i still be able to coil split? and has anyone else noticed this problem with the stock pickups? i want a warm thick sound...thanks.
yeah if it has four wires coming out of it you could wire it like the current pup tou have in there now
Last edited by supersac at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by Jasonjeffrey961
i just searched and i found this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gibson-57-classic-4-conductor-humbucker-pickup/h65442000000000 is this the same thing as the 57 classics but with 4 wires????? and is this a bridge pickup??? (sorry everyone im really new with this stuff)

it should be the same the only different is that four cables

and i dont know if its a bridge pick up i didnt know the 57 has designated bridge/neck pick up models so i coulnt say
thanks guys. helped alot. i thought coil splitting was just for this guitar...guess i was wrong haha