Not sure where to get help, but the Pit has proved itself useful to me in the past, so I figured I would ask here.

I bought myself my first car today and went to best buy to buy a stereo with a USB input. I installed it and plugged my Ipod in... problem is it says it reads just over 900 songs when in reality I have over 2000 songs on my iPod. Any ideas as to how I can get it to read the rest or inform me why this is happening? Same thing happens when I hook my iPod up to my xbox 360.
is the stereo officially iPod supported? if not it could be finding all the ones formatted to mp3, but nothing else?
If the same is happening with your Xbox, I'd say it's a format problem. If you have .wma or .flac audio files on your ipod, the xbox / stereo might not recognize them. I think they need to be in MP3 format exclusively.
thats all the RAM it has I guess. Im not sure of what kind of memory it uses to pull up all of the songs. Return it and get a better one, or buy an FM transmitter
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
It has the Ipod logo on the box. It says it only supports WMA and MP3 files. I dont have any FLAC files but Im starting to think the problem is that the songs I bought on iTunes are in AAC format and my stereo doesnt recognize it. And Im 100% sure I have over 2000 songs, they are all on my iTunes and the same folder types.

Tomorrow, Ill try playing a song I know I bought and iTunes and see if I can play it. If not, Ill try hooking it up via the auxillary port and see if I get different results. I hope to god its not the ram
If the AAC files are a problem, is there a way I can convert all files to MP3 in iTunes or do I have to use a different program and reupload all my songs back to iTunes?
Quote by chronic_stp
Tomorrow, Ill try playing a song I know I bought and iTunes and see if I can play it. If not, Ill try hooking it up via the auxillary port and see if I get different results. I hope to god its not the ram

The AUX input will be good too as long as you get a good cable.
How much did your stereo cost? I would like to buy a new one for my car, one that would preferably be able to play my ipod through the car.
It cost me $89.00 before sales tax. It came with CD, USB, and AUX. USB is nice because you can control your ipod from your stereo.