Like the title says. Like Bad Religion/Rise against. I'm looking for thicker palm mutes more than anything, I'm playing through a Orange Dual Terror, which is almost there, but not quite. No metal or anything, just thicker palm mutes and a slightly more aggressive sound.

Also, I'll probably end up making another thread, but after this which type of effect would be most important to put into my pedal board? Delay Wah or Reverb? I'm thinking one of those.
tube screamer
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Big Muff is a fuzz, TS is an overdrive, totally different animals. You want a TS type pedal, based on your description.

As for the latter half of your post. The pedal that is most important to have on your board is the one you intend to use most. Don't get pedals because you're supposed to get pedals, get pedals because they help build your sound.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I know it's a fuzz pedal, I've heard a lot of artists use it though. I'm also interested in Nirvana/Smashing Pumpkins type stuff so that's another thing I'm debating about the BMP.

Also right now I'm using a Ds-1 with the distortion at the lowing setting as a boost. It's not amazing but it works for chunkier palm mutes. So that's another reason why I'm leaning towards the muff.
Last edited by SoapboxFrank at Aug 9, 2011,
Well that's a totally different sound, based on what your criteria it made no sense. It could work for the Pumpkins, and you can really use anything for Nirvana but Kurt did it with DS-1/2's.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

From what you're all saying, I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy one because I think it would be nice to use, but I know I'd never use on stage or anything. Lmao.
For punk you should use de TubeScreamer.
The Big Muff has a darker tone not so suitable for punk.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease