Poll: Sydney or Melbourne?
Poll Options
View poll results: Sydney or Melbourne?
Sydney.
4 14%
Melbourne.
25 86%
Voters: 29.
Hey everyone, thinking of going to either of the two cities mentioned for university, but I'm not sure which has a better music scene.

Anybody from around those parts or know what they're like?

I've lived in Sydney for a short while and know people there, so moving there and getting settled and all that would be easier, but I have heard good things about Melbourne, mainly the abundance of pubs that let bands play in them. So personally, I'm leaning toward Melbourne, but I'd like to get a bit more information before I make the move.

Also, if there is a specific university in the city that has a good reputation or is centred around music don't be afraid to mention it.

Thanks in advance!
Scene in Sydney sucks. Either you play cheesy cover songs, or you don't get gigs.
Check out my Black/Death metal band!
galadh.bandcamp.com

Quote by StewieSwan
I had unprotected sex with an underage, pro-life, christian girl. Beat that.

Melbourne for sure.... The scene is killer there. That's coming from someone that lives in Sydney.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Melbourne has a pretty awesome live scene, there's a hell of a lot of average band's but the actual scene is pretty cool.
Melbourne fo sho
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Marshmelllow
both a damn sight better than Canberra :/

Whereabouts do you live?

Both have their ups and downs. I remember being so jealous of Sydney for having Melt-Banana play there for their only show in Aus
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by Cianyx
Whereabouts do you live?

Both have their ups and downs. I remember being so jealous of Sydney for having Melt-Banana play there for their only show in Aus

canberra :/
Melbourne man. I love that city but Sydney does absolutely nothing for me ay. Melbourne just rocks though.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by KTFM
Adelaide. Decent rock scene here.

Average at best.
But, I can't complain, really. I've seen lots of good shows here.
Why is it an important consideration, surely you already have a favourite city out of the two?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
there was a band playing outside of union hall today at melbourne uni, there's always stuff going on there.

there's a ton of places in the cbd and in places like fitzroy and st kilda that have live music...plus it's just a better city to live in, easy to get around, public transport is ****ing awesome, plus the roads aren't as bad as sydney if you drive.

melbourne cause it's just better, but if you've got mates in sydney then that's a plus too.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
there was a band playing outside of union hall today at melbourne uni, there's always stuff going on there.

there's a ton of places in the cbd and in places like fitzroy and st kilda that have live music...plus it's just a better city to live in, easy to get around, public transport is ****ing awesome, plus the roads aren't as bad as sydney if you drive.

melbourne cause it's just better, but if you've got mates in sydney then that's a plus too.

Yeah, but as a resident of SA, it's my obligation to despise Vics. Nothing personal, you're just all a bunch of ****heads... is what we're supposed to say. But seriously, give us back our GP and our football code.

That's all.
Quote by KTFM
Dude. UniBar. Friday. Be there. It's gonna be ****ing sick!!!

What's the gig that night?

Quote by KTFM
Yeah, but as a resident of SA, it's my obligation to despise Vics. Nothing personal, you're just all a bunch of ****heads... is what we're supposed to say. But seriously, give us back our GP and our football code.

That's all.

I like you.
Quote by KTFM

That's all.

I think F1 Management likes Melbourne better anyway, it's pretty much ours until Adelaide hikes her skirt up and puts on a smile for old Bernie...
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by tyler_j
What's the gig that night?

Campus Band competition. Big night.

Quote by tyler_j
I like you.

KEdit: ^yeah, Bernie doesn't give it away unless there's a pot of gold and a little green man leading the way, or a reeeeeeeaaallly nice piece of ass... Or Seb.
We just need Seb to advocate Adelaide and we're set!
Last edited by KTFM at Aug 9, 2011,
wat

Come to Perth, we have hipsters and a statue of Bon Scott.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
He is from Perth, and yay we have the Perth Cactus which is a huge piece of plastic made from $3mil taxpayers' money it's a great attraction!!!!1!1!1!1!
I'd rather shoot myself in the neck
There is no music scene in Sydney.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by jessicadebowski
kenya

bump for that?

really??
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”