I found a late eighties Charvel 575 deluxe for pretty cheap. I have found some mixed reviews on this bass. I was wondering if anyone has played one or knows any thing about them,what they sound and play like, are they known to have any issues? Any info will be helpful and appreciated. Thanks
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
I know EVERYTHING there is to know about Charvel Jackson after owning probably 30 of them...what specific info you looking for?

here's one of my 575's with a Kramer neck on it:

Last edited by amimbari at Aug 9, 2011,
I play mostly classic hard rock so I assume it will work just fine for that being built in that era.Will it work for blues also and how heavy is it .I've heard that these are really heavy.
are they active?
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Black Heart BH15h
Last edited by roaddawg07 at Aug 9, 2011,
Nice bass and drum kit
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Black Heart BH15h
no not active, and because it has a switch and no blend knob, you cant "blend in the J", but turn the treble down and it gets as dull and mellow as any p-bass.

weight? it's poplar around 10lbs MIJ.

don't assume just because it was built "in that era", because that has no meaning on anything. a bass made in 2011 or 1989 ( the 575 ) is still wood and can be used on a lot of stuff, it is not a 1 trick pony by any means.
Charvels = awesome

Do it.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."