ok so I got my seven string guitar today. Its a dean vendetta (IK its not an expensive one, but its what I could afford as far as seven strings go). It plays good (Im use to deans I have a few other six string ones) BUT there is a TON of buzzing around the 17th fret on all strings, and buzzing on the 10th fret on the d g b and e strings. Whats wrong, and how do I fix it?
It's either a fret problem or the pickup height is too high. Check the pickup height first, if thats not it, it's the fret/neck.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by sonny bb
It's either a fret problem or the pickup height is too high. Check the pickup height first, if thats not it, it's the fret/neck.

The pickup height would make the strings buzz all over the place, not in just two specific frets. Is your neck straight TS?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
The pickup height would make the strings buzz all over the place, not in just two specific frets. Is your neck straight TS?

Oh I missed that part. It's the neck then. If you just got it, exchange it, if the problem persist in another guitar it's a factory setup issue.
:
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by sonny bb
Oh I missed that part. It's the neck then. If you just got it, exchange it, if the problem persist in another guitar it's a factory setup issue.

I ordered it from musicians friend. Im thinking about just taking it to a guitar store and seeing what they'd say it would cost to fix. I have a little left that I can spend to fix it. how much do u think it would cost to fix?
It depends on whats actually wrong with it, but I set my own guitars up, but I've heard a full set-up is around $45 where I live, but if theres a problem it's probably more expensive.
:
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>