so it's $650 in the US and £750 here. And apparently that £750 here is a "special introductory price".

Dang.

(haven't tried it, obviously )
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave that sucks man ! Just curious how much USD is that? I've always been told things cost more over seas never really knew though...
according to xe, at current exchange rates, just over $1200.

that's one of the worst examples, but still. for what's supposed to be a cheap, compact head that you could maybe carry around as a spare for gigs (or as your main amp if you don't want to carry too much), that's a big difference in the prices...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah

i mean to be fair we get some stuff cheaper than you do. But we do seem to get ripped worse than you guys do, and also more of the stuff seems to be made in the states... for example there's no UK-based equivalent of fender or gibson, really, or mesa or fender, but in the US, while marshall is expensive, you could consider splawn, fargen or someone like that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha yeah, sorry for derailing the thread a little back to carvin
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, and it's well worth the money IMO.

It's not magic, but if you can do your part there's probably a channel\setting that will give you what you want or very close to it.

I note you can probably find a used V3 cheaper than a new V3m, so unless portability is a sticking point for you, you might consider that route...
Yeah ive seen the v3 combo (or did you mean the head) on craigslist for 600 or so but didn't have the money at the time. I don't care for the portability necessarily as i am used to lugging a 70lb 212 around and I can definitely due part on the settings and all, I just wish Carvin wasn't so tight on not supplying dealers, as unless you are in Cali (I think their only stores are there) you have no way of trying...hmmm well I can always return it.
My experience with the Carvin is that it was able to do a lot of different tones. But I was never quite satisfied with any of them.

I had the Carvin head for about a year and a half, I ended up trading it for a 5150 head.