Yes, the title is highly suggestible.

Basically, i'm a male and have size 6.5 UK feet. I only really wear Converse All Star Lo in Black. I've even gone so far as ordering them in from America because it's so hard to find that shoe size and model. The colour isn't really the issue, it's the size - there just aren't any male 6.5 Converse All Star Lo's that i can find on the internet, without the price being utterly stupid.

So - i need some shoe's. I can't find my size in the mens section... But i can in the female section. I scoured the internet for answers, and apparently there's a 2 shoe size deficit when comparing female sizes to male sizes, as in, a Male's shoe size 8, is a females size 10.

Therefore, if i were to purchase a females size 8.5, would it equate to a males 6.5? Or are there more measures that would effect the shoe - such as width and so on?

Basically, i don't want to walk into a shop and ask, "can i try on a females size 8.5 of that shoe plx".
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Order them off the internet then. Send them back if the size is wrong.

I was also looking for confirmation of the size deficit, the answers from google mainly provided spam posts by people that were obsessed with feet
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
InB4 "lol small penis"
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Anthony1991
I was also looking for confirmation of the size deficit, the answers from google mainly provided spam posts by people that were obsessed with feet

Trying the shoes on after having purchased them on the internet would confirm the size deficit....
talking about ordering them online from america or from the uk? Sizes are different in the US. Why not just buy womens?
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Trying the shoes on after having purchased them on the internet would confirm the size deficit....

Which would mean alot of wasted time. I was actually hoping for someone having handy a male pair, and a female pair. Or atleast the experience of doing this.

Quote by Domino
talking about ordering them online from america or from the uk? Sizes are different in the US. Why not just buy womens?

Buying in the UK. Because women's sizes are different!
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I thought hobbits didn't need to wear shoes.

I thought hobbits had large feet
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
Quote by TheEducatedFool
I thought hobbits had large feet

only compared to their body. they are small.
Quote:
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote:
try anything form avenged sevenfold

I lol'ed.

Quote by Basti95
inb4 everyone else, well played
lol small penis
I'm not a James Hetfield fan
My username is "hames jetfield" because "farty mriedman" sounds weird.

Quote by laid-to-waste
i have rabies from licking my pet rat's face

Jackson DK2M
Digitech RP255
Vox DA5
Casio CTK-6000
That's the size deficit I've seen.

And I've bought guys skate shoes and had no problem. I actually wasn't aware they really HAD men's/women's Converse, mine never said any specific gender when I bought them. I have black and white ones with a Sailor Jerry design, so if there's any gender specific pairs, those are definitely meant for men, and they fit me quite comfortably. Hence, I assume there is no real difference
"Are you living the life that you dreamed of now? Or are you working just to survive? There's a war that is waged in your mind, it's forced inside, between desire and the roles with to comply."
The 2-size difference is bullshit. I know for a fact that I'm a size 10 in men's and women's.

Just walk into the women's section and try them on, trust me, nobody cares.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 9, 2011,
I didn't even know there was a male/female difference.
One of my exs had the same size shoes as me, and her shoes fit exactly the same as mine.
Converse seem like pretty unisex kinda shoes to me? I don't see what the problem is here. Not like anyone is really gonna know the difference.
Because, Boobs
I always had to subtract two when I had to buy Converse shoes. (EDIT: So basically, you're right. I like to think of it as subtracting rather than adding)

For example I wear a male size 5 in Chucks, but I'm a female size 7 (US sizes).

They're Unisex shoes, so if you still feel weird about it just buy them online.
Part of this Complete Breakfast!
Last edited by Flippy Floppy at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
The 2-size difference is bullshit. I know for a fact that I'm a size 10 in men's and women's.

Just walk into the women's section and try them on, trust me, nobody cares.

This is wrong.

I work at a shoe store and I'm constantly trying on shoes just to do it. Womens ARE about 2 sizes off. So TS is right, an 8 in mens is a 10 in womens. Approximately.

There are even two difference foot measuring devices. One for men, and one women. And again, they're about 2 sizes off when you measure your foot on both.

TS, your converse should have both a womans and mans size in the tongue. Most mens converse are unisex, and at my shoe store we have a womens section of converse (which are all female colors, designs, etc) but they also have the mens size, which is two sizes below. (It'll say female - 8, men - 6)

Just my .02

edit:
TS take into account that some brands or even styles, run small or big. Measuring your foot is only to get a starting point, then you try on the size it says and adjust accordingly if the shoe is too small or big. So buying online isn't the best idea if you don't want to go through sending it back. Although you could end up buying the perfect size.

Also note that womens show are GENERALLY more narrow than mens. I'm not sure about converse, but at my store the widths are rated using letters. Mens is usually D (medium widths fore men) and B for women (medium). A "D" in womans is considered wide but medium for men.
Last edited by Ignite at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by Ignite
This is wrong.

I work at a shoe store and I'm constantly trying on shoes just to do it. Womens ARE about 2 sizes off. So TS is right, an 8 in mens is a 10 in womens. Approximately.

Umm... my closet begs to differ. 6 pairs of womens shoes and 3 pairs of men's, all size 10. There's no formula to calculate the difference, I think the increments between sizes are different for men and women and 10 is the break-even point. You need to just try them on if you don't know your size.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Aug 9, 2011,