Page 1 of 2
I have a serious problem. When ever I visit my local guitar store I just have the urge to buy some new axes. When I come to UG I see those guitars on the front page...
Just in general, what do you do when that feeling hits "I need this guitar"?
Remember that i'm poor lol, or think if I wasn't poor think how broke I would go from buying shit.
yeah i'm not entirely sure your logic is sound in coming here to ask
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i look at my wallet....
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah i'm not entirely sure your logic is sound in coming here to ask

Who better to ask than the best, aka the UG community?
Quote by Xelested
I have a serious problem. When ever I visit my local guitar store I just have the urge to buy some new axes. When I come to UG I see those guitars on the front page...

Save the money until you have a buttload of cash... then buy the most expensive toy you can find.
Quote by Bill43
Save the money until you have a buttload of cash... then buy the most expensive toy you can find.

For every 5 units of currency (don't know where you live) you earn, use 2 to wipe your arse. Let's see the shopkeeper accept that!
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I'm developing a similar problem with ebay purchases - it's far cheaper and so far I've bought 6 guitars in 2 months.....
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I look at my wallet, remember I was only there to buy new strings/something else not very pricey, then I walk out of there heartbroken.
Quote by Xelested
Who better to ask than the best, aka the UG community?

yeah but we all probably have a worse addiction than you
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have self control
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I don't really have that problem, TS.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Buy nine guitars and a bass. That way, when you realize you can't play bass and you really only "need" five guitars, it seems like a reasonable compromise.
Get a job, live at home, don't pay off your student loans.

Then buy all the shit you want. That's my plan right now...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Get a job, live at home, don't pay off your student loans.

Then buy all the shit you want. That's my plan right now...

Yeah nothing like wrecking your credit rating for life over a guitar! Hope you like living at home, because you can't buy a house without credit!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

It's called sarcasm bro. Also, just using my first big boy paycheck to congratulate myself on getting a fulltime job within my field of study a month out of college.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
^^^ this is what I do. I dont have the patience nor financial resources to save up for great amps or guitars so i keep myself occupied with teh pEd4lz
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by VanTheKraut
Yeah nothing like wrecking your credit rating for life over a guitar! Hope you like living at home, because you can't buy a house without credit!

i bought a house with cash kid.
i bought a car with cash
i pay for everything, with cash

you don't need credit for shit. its some dumbass idea brought around by corporations and shit.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
I do feel your pain. I just sold all my gear to pay for rent. I got around a grand for it all, and there are some absolutely awesome amps to be had used in my area for like 600. Not to mention that Ibanez S prestige that went on sale...

sigh
WTLTL 2011
There is no such thing as "too many guitars", there are, however, fines for those without a guitar. LOL
when all the guitars on the wall aren't as nice as what you own, it's not really a problem.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
when all the guitars on the wall aren't as nice as what you own, it's not really a problem.

thats the spirit
I realize I was only in there to buy new strings and then I sob. I will look only for a few minutes
Quote by Xelested
Needing another guitar is very different from wanting another guitar. You must buy what you need. It's like food. One needs food, etc.

You're welcome!

Quote by gregs1020

How does this logic apply to the Squier '51 you've been wanting?

BTW, I acquired a needed Burst Squier '51 from a mom and pop store.
Sell everything you own and give all of your money and belongings to charity...that way you won't have any money to spend in the first place.
How about this, every time you "need" a new guitar you only get them custom made from Bernie Reico Jr.

You wont have the urge to buy a new guitar any time soon, both financially and mentally.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Ippon
How does this logic apply to the Squier '51 you've been wanting?

BTW, I acquired a needed Burst Squier '51 from a mom and pop store.

they aren't in stores anymore.

nice try though.

also, pics or its a bogner.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Page 1 of 2