So i usually hang out in GG&A and i normally buy amps and pedals and stuff but i finally have a new guitar day to share with everyone. my wife must have been in a good mood this month because i brought home a new acoustic a new amp and a new electric.

first up is my new acoustic its a Epiphone eJ-200 Artist series guitar.

Review: i got this one because my squire telecoustic's bridge straight up broke off the body and i could not repair it. the body is a super jumbo style with a spruce top and maple sides and back. the action out of the box was fantastic. it really was spot on. the neck is thin and has a nice c shape to it. the playability is effortless and the sound is wonderful. it has a deep rich bassy tone with nice crispy highs. this thing really projects the sound and when i use it at band practice it really fills up the room with its sound. the guitar is very well balanced tone wise the only downside is that the body is so big that it can get uncomfortable at times. overall its a great replacement for my beloved telecoustic.

now the real NGD!!!

My first seven string: an Ibanez RG 7320z

i have played a couple of different seven strings and i didn't like them. i mainly stuck around Schecter and the main downside was the neck was like holding the business end of a baseball bat. way too chunky and i didn't like the finish on the neck. it made the necks feel sticky.
the ibanez rg7320 sports a 5 piece maple/walnut neck with a bound rosewood fretboard and a basswood body. it comes stock with the edge zero 2 bridge and has the ibanez AH 17/27 pickup set. Normally i cant stand tremolo bridges but for some reason the edge zero is really nice is a joy to play. and surprisingly the stock pickup set is nice punchy and can get some really nice high gain tones. at first the neck was a little rough to move around but after 5 minutes it became second nature. i love the wide thin wizard2 neck style and i think this may be the first of many ibanez guitars for me. also i got this guitar for 125 bucks because i traded in 2 guitars that i NEVER play. sadly my LTD ec-400vf and Washburn v are gone but this totally makes up for it.

now pictures!!!
Attachments:
epiphone1.jpg
epiphone2.jpg
ibby1.jpg
ibby2.jpg
family.jpg
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Last edited by iheartgun at Aug 9, 2011,
Happy NGD dude! Are your saying the Edge Zero II bridge is good?
I have GAS for an RG1527Z once I can afford it, and they feature the same bridge so I was hoping for feedback.

Enjoy your 7!
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by WarriorArtist94
Happy NGD dude! Are your saying the Edge Zero II bridge is good?
I have GAS for an RG1527Z once I can afford it, and they feature the same bridge so I was hoping for feedback.

Enjoy your 7!

im not normally a fan of floyd rose style tremolo bridges AT ALL due to setup and all the issues that they could have. this bridge is awesome. hands down. setup is a breeze. to me its more stable than your typical floyd also it has the tension screw on the back of the guitar that you can adjust the tension of the springs which is really handy. so yeah......i love the edge zero2
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
thank you to everyone!
Live Rig

EVH 5153 50w