My Amp possessed?

So my buddy was playing on my practice amp(and only amp for now).. :-/ Line 6 spider........ when all of a sudden I started to get radio frequencies through it. it was some kind of radio show. you could hear people talking ... and the first words outta my amp said... was.... "Demons"......

Anyone else have this problem!?
Happens all the time. Especially if you live near a radio tower.
Or a hellmouth.

Similar story: I was playing guitar on my friend's amp (also a line 6 oddly enough) then suddenly we hear a phone ringing through it, then "...hello?" Shortly after I got a text from my girlfriend at the time saying "Did you just try and call me?"

So yeah, my amp called my girlfriend. That ho.
Quote by scimitar_255
Or a hellmouth.

Similar story: I was playing guitar on my friend's amp (also a line 6 oddly enough) then suddenly we hear a phone ringing through it, then "...hello?" Shortly after I got a text from my girlfriend at the time saying "Did you just try and call me?"

So yeah, my amp called my girlfriend. That ho.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I HAVE PLAYED MY AMP FOR OVER A YEAR AND IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!... first time for me to experience that.
Never had an amp make phone calls, but I have had radio frequencies picked up before. Just happens due to bad shielding somewhere along your signal chain.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
The wonder of digital amps...lol. I had issues with mine randomly switching to max volume when I was playing. Scares the hell out of me.
My Guitars
Squire Affinity Strat
Ibanez RG 350 DX
Fender Stratocaster MIM
Ibanez AEG20E
Tradition Guitars S2000F Pro
My old SP-10 use to pickup radio frequencies, but neither my Line6 Spider 3 nor my Peavey Bandit 112 do that.
Lol that happens sometimes. I'll be playing my guitar all of a sudden I hear opera music coming out of my amp.
Quote by MeTallIcA313
Lol that happens sometimes. I'll be playing my guitar all of a sudden I hear opera music coming out of my amp.

HAHAHA Atleast you could just start playing something from the S&M Metallica album... I have to call a priest... or just play some mudvayne or slayer.
Quote by PatheticMedic
The wonder of digital amps...lol. I had issues with mine randomly switching to max volume when I was playing. Scares the hell out of me.

haha.

my ss amp picks up 97.9fm (which here is the hard rock station), so i'll turn on my amp, get the right setting for a clear fm transmition, then rock out to the songs on my tube amp.

lawlz.
Quote by 00_hns_00
haha.

my ss amp picks up 97.9fm (which here is the hard rock station), so i'll turn on my amp, get the right setting for a clear fm transmition, then rock out to the songs on my tube amp.

lawlz.

Out of randomness, do you live in Northeast PA? We have a 97.9 hard rock station here too, lol.
lol, creeper :P
i actually live in both north east p/a and central florida.

my residency is in florida, my apartment in p/a.
That sounds funny.

If you put your guitar up to your chest, you can hear your heartbeat through your amp.
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Mine makes beeping noises when I get a text or a call.

Same here. Otherwise its a random spanish radio station I'm picking up
WTLTL 2011
They call them line 6 spiders because there is actually a spider in there. He probably just got lonely and wanted to make friends.

After reading this forum for about 5 minutes, you'll see that the line 6 spider is very, VERY, lonely.
itsaconspiracy.jpg
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Fuzz pedals are a good one for picking up radio frequencies, pedals I own with germanium transistors in the circuitry seem to be the worst ones for it from my own experiences. It tends to be a combination of guitar type, cable type, pedals and amp.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!