Page 1 of 3
They try this tactic a lot. I noticed it on the ballot in Colorado for the 2008 ballot.
Check out my band Disturbed
That law, if I'm not mistaken, would make fertility treatments such as IVF illegal (or at least functionally untenable under the law).

it would also make a whole bunch of people into murderers, given how frequently two blastocysts branch off only for one of them to be absorbed by the other later on.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by StewieSwan
They try this tactic a lot. I noticed it on the ballot in Colorado for the 2008 ballot.

Its their only angle.

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
I'm gonna say what I always say when pro-lifers say "Fetuses are children and therefore have rights" - children have no rights. In public school (government-run institution) children have no free speech, no protection against unreasonable search and seizure, children aren't allowed to vote... yet you're gonna sit here and tell me that the Constitution applies to children?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
That's democracy for you.

If the majority of people are idiots, the minority has to live by their rules.
Quote by rgrockr
I'm gonna say what I always say when pro-lifers say "Fetuses are children and therefore have rights" - children have no rights. In public school (government-run institution) children have no free speech, no protection against unreasonable search and seizure, children aren't allowed to vote... yet you're gonna sit here and tell me that the Constitution applies to children?

Yeah! **** children! KILL EM ALL!!!

Dumbass...
Quote by CannedBullets
A fetus is a fetus, not a child.

To be fair, his argument was stupid. Children clearly have rights.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by CannedBullets

Yes it is, and he's saying the constitution doesn't apply to children outside the womb anyway.... So... Yeah...
Quote by JDawg

Dumbass...

How in the name of fucking Christ did you get that out of his post? It's very obvious who the dumbass is here.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by JDawg

Dumbass...

I'm just pointing out the discrepancy between what these people say and how things actually work. The Bill of Rights essentially doesn't kick in until you're 18.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by JDawg
Yes it is, and he's saying the constitution doesn't apply to children outside the womb anyway.... So... Yeah...

No it's not, a fetus is incapable of emotion or rational thought like Humans.
Quote by Zeletros
That's democracy for you.

If the majority of people are idiots, the minority has to live by their rules.
Well, to play devil's advocate, everyone has to live by Roe v. Wade.

The reality is, whether you're on one side of the aisle or the other, we all have to live with laws and policies we may not like. I don't personally see the point of getting bent out of shape about it; if I did get bent out of shape all the time, I'd be one unhappy jerk.
Quote by CannedBullets
No it's not, a fetus is incapable of emotion or rational thought like Humans.

Most infants are not capable of this...

I am reminded once again by the posts in this thread why I don't waste my time here...
Quote by rgrockr

It seems that the right to life is the only one granted to children. However, children would misuse those rights to infringe upon the rights of others, so they must learn to properly use them...

...Or some similar argument.

I just don't get how a fetus is a child. A fetus becomes a child, just like a child becomes and adult.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by JDawg
Most infants are not capable of this...

I am reminded once again by the posts in this thread why I don't waste my time here...

Infants are capable of emotion, but a fetus isn't a Human, therefore the bearer has the right to abort it, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Quote by CannedBullets
Infants are capable of emotion, but a fetus isn't a Human, therefore the bearer has the right to abort it, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

A fetus isn't a human? Then what species does it belong to?

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-choice, but what you said didn't make sense.
Quote by blackthought
A fetus isn't a human? Then what species does it belong to?

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-choice, but what you said didn't make sense.

He probably means person.
Quote by CannedBullets

If a fetus isn't human, than what in the **** is this woman giving birth to?
Quote by JDawg

Hopefully humans and not fetuses.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by JDawg

If we give rights to fetuses then we might as well protect every sperm cell too. Guys who wear their jeans too tight should be tried for manslaughter.
Quote by Jackintehbox
If we give rights to fetuses then we might as well protect every sperm cell too. Guys who wear their jeans too tight should be tried for manslaughter.

There's a considerable difference between fetuses and sperm cells. Let's not be juvenile with our arguments now.
Quote by Jackintehbox

That wouldn't be a bad thing.

Quote by JDawg

Let's gloss over the fact you have proven your ignorance numerous times for a moment: Do you believe that a month-old bundle of cells that is a fetus has the same ability to survive unassisted as a 9 month old fetus?

If we removed both from the womb, would the 1 month old fetus survive and grow to be a healthy human?

Hmm.

This bill is dreadful and I hope it fails. Women will die from back-alley abortions due to this.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Let's gloss over the fact you have proven your ignorance numerous times for a moment: Do you believe that a month-old bundle of cells that is a fetus has the same ability to survive unassisted as a 9 month old fetus?

If we removed both from the womb, would the 1 month old fetus survive and grow to be a healthy human?

Hmm.

This bill is dreadful and I hope it fails. Women will die from back-alley abortions due to this.

Foetuses are at least two months old.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by CannedBullets

what do they turn into???

thought so.

does a tadpole turn into a frog? if you kill a tadpole, do you rid the world of a future frog?

thought so.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

No, you fool, if it's illegal women won't get them. What do you think this law is for?!

Quote by 00_hns_00
does a tadpole turn into a frog? if you kill a tadpole, do you rid the world of a future frog?

thought so.

Is this a terrible line of logic?

Thought so.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by blake1221
There's a considerable difference between fetuses and sperm cells. Let's not be juvenile with our arguments now.

There really isn't in terms of consciousness and intelligence. I guess the difference is that fetuses look cuter.
yay another abortion thread.

we all have different views, yay!

(and im lucky enough to live in a first world country with abortion, rather than the country with third world states directly below mine)
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Women will die from back-alley abortions due to this.

This. Most of the time I don't bother taking part in the "at what point is it a human" argument because to me the main point is that people will get abortions whether it's legal or not. Providing the means to do it safely sounds much better to me compared to just prohibiting it and letting things go sour.
Last edited by Masamune at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Hmm.

That's every post I ever read from you.

1 month, 9month, a newborn, can't live outside of the womb on it's own. Believe it or not, babies STILL need to be fed and cared for otherwise, they die.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Foetuses are at least two months old.

Your face is at least two months old

Quote by StewieSwan
No, you fool, if it's illegal women won't get them. What do you think this law is for?!

Oh, of course.

Quote by JDawg

1 month, 9month, a newborn, can't live outside of the womb on it's own. Believe it or not, babies STILL need to be fed and cared for otherwise, they die.

That is so stupid. By on it's own I mean not as a parasite. You try raising a 3 month old fetus, tell me if it turns into a human. I could jump to the ending for you if you still don't understand the difference.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by JDawg

fetus's die whether you try to feed them or care for them them outside the womb, your argument=fail

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by 00_hns_00

I'm just poking holes in logic, but if you use a condom to begin with(or even don't have sex), don't you rid the whole future of the fertilized egg/fetus/child/adult?

Quote by pokeatthedevil
I'm just poking holes in logic, but if you use a condom to begin with(or even don't have sex), don't you rid the whole future of the fertilized egg/fetus/child/adult?

doesnt an egg and a sperm have the right to thrive? it is a cell, it is living!

i vote to ban any contraceptive, and using spermicide deserves the death penalty

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Page 1 of 3