Are "Duncan Designed" pickups the same high quality as the real Seymour Duncan pickups? I'm just wondering because I'm thinking about getting this Squier Jaguar and it comes with Duncan Designed pickups...should i switch them out and put in the real thing?

Thanks for answering my stupid noob question lol
one of my friends had duncan designed pups and he swapped them for the SD JB/59 combo and he says they sound way better.
They're alright. They aren't top quality though. A little better than most stock garbage pickups.
duncan doesn't make 'duncan designed' pups, they're made by a 3rd party.

here is the deal, if someone (say schecter) wan't a name attached to their OEM pups then they'll by a license to produce (more likely, to get another 3rd party to produce) a pup that duncan designed. duncan designed pups are only available in the aftermarket or loaded as an OEM part on a guitar.

so a guitar company wants a pup, they buy a license to a duncan design and then get a 3rd party to make it for them.

so most likely they are not the same quality. depends on who makes them.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
duncan doesn't make 'duncan designed' pups, they're made by a 3rd party.

here is the deal, if someone (say schecter) wan't a name attached to their OEM pups then they'll by a license to produce (more likely, to get another 3rd party to produce) a pup that duncan designed. duncan designed pups are only available in the aftermarket or loaded as an OEM part on a guitar.

so a guitar company wants a pup, they buy a license to a duncan design and then get a 3rd party to make it for them.

so most likely they are not the same quality. depends on who makes them.

this.
IMO, they're not the best, but if they come stock in a guitar it's not the end of the world. I had a Schecter with the "duncan designed" version of the JB, and I liked it. I swapped it out for a real Seymour Duncan JB, and LOVED it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
its like epiphone and gibson or squire and fender. same company, different sound/tone quality. personally I'm a huge fan of dimarzio so if you end up replacing the pups take a look into dimarzio. until then though, the pups are only a small part of the tone. you as a player and your amp are wat really make the tone