Page 1 of 2
Replace the guitarist he looks like ass.

edit: Goddammit, I was trying to insult TS, but this isn't even his band.
Last edited by Weaponized at Aug 9, 2011,
That isn't my band! I was just asking if people knew what the things that cover the backline are called
Well, it'd be nice if we knew what you guys looked like.

:3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
where's Anthony Trujillo when you need him?

(you really need some fog, brah)
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Right, shit. I forgot about the main thing about seeing what we look like. But does anyone know what them screens are called!!!!
Ok, at the moment you look like a bunch of kids that turned up to have a jam sesh. Sidenote: Singer, lose the limp wrist crap. But that's ok, what I'm gonna tell you is the stuff that only a label will tell you. Image is everything T-shirts and jeans doesn't really cut it. You need to look like a rockstar. That means probably going a little over the top of what you would normally wear. It has to be edgy and cool. If anything, invest in clothes. (I'm not joking)
Here is are some examples.

Cool jackets are an absolute must. It doesn't have to be leather.

Also, your guitar should relatively match what you are wearing (there are exceptions though)

I play in a signed rock/country band. We have quite a modern take on it in terms of image but it has to match what you are playing, otherwise there is no connection in the listeners mind.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by seeneyj
Ok, at the moment you look like a bunch of kids that turned up to have a jam sesh. Sidenote: Singer, lose the limp wrist crap. But that's ok, what I'm gonna tell you is the stuff that only a label will tell you. Image is everything T-shirts and jeans doesn't really cut it. You need to look like a rockstar. That means probably going a little over the top of what you would normally wear. It has to be edgy and cool. If anything, invest in clothes. (I'm not joking)
Here is are some examples.

Cool jackets are an absolute must. It doesn't have to be leather.

Also, your guitar should relatively match what you are wearing (there are exceptions though)

I play in a signed rock/country band. We have quite a modern take on it in terms of image but it has to match what you are playing, otherwise there is no connection in the listeners mind.

read more posts, the TS said thats not his band
Quote by ampoverload
read more posts, the TS said thats not his band

TS doesn't know whether it is his band or not, first he says it is, then he says it isn't.
In the first post he asked for some advice in improving the 'look'.

UG Awards
what you really need is a new amp.

sorry
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
Quote by seeneyj
TS doesn't know whether it is his band or not, first he says it is, then he says it isn't.
In the first post he asked for some advice in improving the 'look'.

He never said it was his band. He asked how to improve "looks"

Then he used a transition "Also" (which implies a statement of addition, or implying an addition of another question) and asked what sort of screen covered the backline in a video of a concert of a band.

He did NOT say it was his band in the first post, and then reiterated that it was in fact NOT his band in the third post of the thread.

#CommonSense
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'

+

+

=

so much epic win
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Get a fog machine!

FSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
What the **** is this shit? Since when was rock n roll about trying to have some generic posery image. Just wear whatever the **** you want.

Neil Young dresses in scruffy clothes all the time on and off stage and is 1000 times more of a badass than you.

Quote by seeneyj
*bullshit*.

You are a corperate ***** and all those people look pathetic and lame. This is everything that's wrong with music these days. Image is not everything, that's the kind of thing a businessman in a label who is screwing you and other bands over tells you. The day people get back to actually caring about the music instead of trying and failing to look 'cool' will be the day at least 1 thing improves in the music industry.

edit: it's even more absurd that you have a quote from Jim Morrison in your sig.. The quote says 'you're all a bunch of ****ing slaves' , i suggest you consider that before you start sucking the dick of an exec and helping along the disgusting fashion industry by telling people what looks 'cool' based upon what you have been spoonfed to believe looks cool by the same industry execs. Honestly..
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
What the **** is this shit? Since when was rock n roll about trying to have some generic posery image. Just wear whatever the **** you want.

You are a corperate ***** and all those people look pathetic and lame. This is everything that's wrong with music these days. Image is not everything, that's the kind of thing a businessman in a label who is screwing you and other bands over tells you. The day people get back to actually caring about the music instead of trying and failing to look 'cool' will be the day at least 1 thing improves in the music industry.

edit: it's even more absurd that you have a quote from Jim Morrison in your sig.. The quote says 'you're all a bunch of ****ing slaves' , i suggest you consider that before you start sucking the dick of an exec and helping along the disgusting fashion industry by telling people what looks 'cool' based upon what you have been spoonfed to believe looks cool by the same industry execs. Honestly..

Exactly,

Pantera didnt give a **** what they look like (maybe in their glam days tho lol)

Last edited by ampoverload at Aug 9, 2011,
You need beards. One for each member, except the drummer should have two.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by JaykeSucks
You need beards. One for each member, except the drummer should have two.

thatd be badass
Quote by Momentosis
Well, it'd be nice if we knew what you guys looked like.

:3

Seriously. What the hell, TS?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I was only really asking what the '''backdrops''' covering the backline were. Not about how we dress or anything. Just how we present our band on stage. Thanks to the people who actually realised that I said that that wasnt my band and just used it as an example
is now a good time to tell people my friend is selling a 2x12 marshall cab for £150 brand new
Quote by Zoot Allures

Neil Young dresses in scruffy clothes all the time on and off stage and is 1000 times more of a badass than you.

I love you.
To be fair TS, I know loads of bands that have no sense of style whatsoever, and they are the ones that impress more because you have no idea what to expect from them.

It's the dickheads that all look exactly the same that annoy me. When they come on stage you know exactly what sort of music they are going to play purely by their pristine haircuts and matching shoes/trousers/shirts. And they do it purely to try to get into certain scenes and niches.
Get afros.

Flamboyance is your friend.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by zachybb
Hi, my band are looking into buying stuff to improve our look live. Is there anything the UG community can suggest. Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYbCKTJQNUg&feature=related on this video what are the sort of 'screen' that covers that backline.

Thanks

??? My band??? Where does he say that it's not his band in the first post?

UG Awards
Quote by Zoot Allures

AAAAANNNNNDDDD..... That's why I'm signed & have a nice paycheck. You don't get it. The music industry has evolved. It is now about the music & entertainment now. As an artist, you have to be a full package. It is as simple as that.
And by corporate, I'm assuming you mean successful & making a living out of playing music? Yep. That's me

You look at hundreds of major bands regardless of genre: Bon Jovi, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Coldplay. I could name ****ing millions.

Btw, the 'Jim Morrison' quote was at his concert audience. They are slaves to society. Doing 9 to 5 jobs that they hate.

Finally, Don't be so butthurt that you aren't signed and getting no where.

UG Awards
Fog machine. You could make your own backdrops, talk to whoever does the venue's lights to see what options you have there, sacrifice small animals, etc.
Quote by seeneyj

AAAAANNNNNDDDD..... That's why I'm signed & have a nice paycheck. You don't get it. The music industry has evolved. It is now about the music & entertainment now. As an artist, you have to be a full package. It is as simple as that.
And by corporate, I'm assuming you mean successful & making a living out of playing music? Yep. That's me

You look at hundreds of major bands regardless of genre: Bon Jovi, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Coldplay. I could name ****ing millions.

Btw, the 'Jim Morrison' quote was at his concert audience. They are slaves to society. Doing 9 to 5 jobs that they hate.

Herp derp, how about you learn a thing or two

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

And if by 'getting nowhere' you mean playing music for enjoyment in a band then i guess i am, if you see that as problem that is. And all those bands you listed suck so your point is moot to me, you're happy being a corperate ***** and you enjoying sucking the **** of execs who have conditioned you and millions of others to buy into the absurdity that is things that 'look cool', it's incredibly tryhard and above all else it's taking your own looks far too seriously, if you believe wearing a leather jacket and shades makes you a 'cool looking person' then well, have fun with that. If you want to take yourself really seriously and look as lame as possible then you'll buy into all that, lots of bad musicians do and it's clear that you're one of them.
Last time i checked there was no instructional on 'being an artist', plenty of the musicians i love are not corperate *****s such as yourself so don't try to bring other musicians down to your level and degrade other music just because you have been conditioned to think certain music and musicians that sounds a certain way need to present themselves in a certain way, some people have what's known as individuality, you don't.
Have fun agreeing with things just because lots of other people do though, there are some individuals left in the world but it's clear you are not one of them and thus your artistic integrity is always going to be in shards.
Quote by seeneyj

erm...who are you signed by...? You need a new singer...
Quote by Zoot Allures
Herp derp, how about you learn a thing or two

http://www.negativland.com/albini.html

And if by 'getting nowhere' you mean playing music for enjoyment in a band then i guess i am, if you see that as problem that is. And all those bands you listed suck so your point is moot to me, you're happy being a corperate ***** and you enjoying sucking the **** of execs who have conditioned you and millions of others to buy into the absurdity that is things that 'look cool', it's incredibly tryhard and above all else it's taking your own looks far too seriously, if you believe wearing a leather jacket and shades makes you a 'cool looking person' then well, have fun with that. If you want to take yourself really seriously and look as lame as possible then you'll buy into all that, lots of bad musicians do and it's clear that you're one of them.
Last time i checked there was no instructional on 'being an artist', plenty of the musicians i love are not corperate *****s such as yourself so don't try to bring other musicians down to your level and degrade other music just because you have been conditioned to think certain music and musicians that sounds a certain way need to present themselves in a certain way, some people have what's known as individuality, you don't.
Have fun agreeing with things just because lots of other people do though, there are some individuals left in the world but it's clear you are not one of them and thus your artistic integrity is always going to be in shards.

Say what you like. All I'm hearing is 'jealous' 'negative' and 'I'm butthurt'.
And before you talk about corporations, learn how to spell it please.

The bottom line is selling as many albums as possible and getting the brand out. It is about doing the best for the label & the band.

With the label, we are free to do what we like, they guide us . You seem so intent on dick sucking, I'd be very surprised if you weren't a fan.

And It doesn't matter whether you like the bands or not. They are successful. You're not. They sell millions of albums. You don't. Because clearly every band that signs to a label automatically loses all 'artistic integrity' as you call it. Without labels, you wouldn't know very many bands at all. It is as simple as that.

You should listen to yourself. What you are saying is ridiculous.

UG Awards
Quote by chrisatgrace
erm...who are you signed by...? You need a new singer...

That's not my signed band.

UG Awards
Dress any god damn way you want. **** what the industry says looks good. If you get up on stage and feel good about the way you look that should be good enough. Grow some balls.
My stuff:
Gibson SG (for playability.......and looks)
Mexican Strat (for some reason i have two)
Hohner HW440G-TB Acoustic/Electric
Quote by seeneyj

The bottom line is selling as many albums as possible and getting the brand out. It is about doing the best for the label & the band.

With the label, we are free to do what we like, they guide us . You seem so intent on dick sucking, I'd be very surprised if you weren't a fan.

And It doesn't matter whether you like the bands or not. They are successful. You're not. They sell millions of albums. You don't. Because clearly every band that signs to a label automatically loses all 'artistic integrity' as you call it. Without labels, you wouldn't know very many bands at all. It is as simple as that.

I'm not in music to be successful though, i'd like to be but it's by no means priority number 1, even if i got kicked out of the band i would still play guitar because i got into it because it's a lot of fun, it's a way of expression and all the other things that musicians tend to play music for. Money is not my priority in music, and if you start making music for money then you are making it for the wrong reasons, you're abusing an expressive and amazing artform in order to make a quick buck. It's sleazy and i'm not gonna do it, i'd rather be a poor musician who plays the music i love for the love of it than a rich musician who has no artistic integrity.
If you think i'm jealous of you for giving up creativity and individuality in music in order to make money then you couldn't be more wrong to put it bluntly.

Ultimately i'll continue to dress myself how i want, and as far as i'm aware the rest of my band dress themselves how they want too, since unlike you we're people who have a sense of being an individual and that involves choosing how to dress for instance without worrying if an industry high up is going to think it's good or not. The best compliment for me is not from an industry man, it's from seeing an audience genuinely enjoy the show and thinking 'we did that really well tonight'. If you've got any self respect at all you'll think for yourself about yourself as an indivudal, but you're unable to because you're worried about upsetting some music industry ****. You are under their thumb, i am not and i couldn't give a damn about the money, most musicians who do it out of love of music would feel similar for good reason.

You seem to speak very highly of yourself and your fanbase of a staggering 228 people too, i see you're a total bigshot in the music world though, i guess i should tell my band to take some more sepia photographs or buy a few leather jackets. That would be totally badass i'm sure.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by seeneyj

The point he's making is that a band look is idiotic. Rock n roll isn't about having the right look, it's about rocking out. Apparently you're too dense to be able to get that.

Being a millionaire isn't a symbol of musical success as far as I'm concerned. I judge musical success based on how good the music is. Apparently all you care about is making money, and that's the problem with music these days.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Zoot Allures
*Neil Young*

He's playing too high up on the neck for that to be any good.

I was also expecting an adbot.
Page 1 of 2