hi, i really like the tone that mustaine used on the shredding part on jump in the fire/seek and destroy
how do i get that tone? i have fender bullet strat and an decent amp (70watt combo amp) (got like 15/20 buttons/things/lol)

Last edited by teli1337 at Aug 9, 2011,
Adjust buttons/things/lol to get the tone.
But seriously, settings threads are not allowed. Check out the Ultimate Settings Thread
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Do you mean the No Life 'Til Leather demo tone, or do you mean the studio Kill 'Em All tone? Kirk Hamster played on KEA, and I think the tones are pretty different, but I'll assume you mean the KEA tone. Hamster used a Gibson Flying V through a Marshall stack of some sort(I've no idea what kind they used earlier on) with a gain boost. The treble should be up high, and I know James put his mids way down and his bass up, but I think for the leads Kirk had his mids a little above average and his bass down. Regardless, TREBLE, TREBLE, TREBLE, and MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL. xD Kirk used a wah too but I don't know which kind. I know most of this because I was a massive Metallica fan when I first got into metal, but I've listened to them...twice this year willingly? xD Regardless, best of luck to you, my good man!
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
Do you mean the No Life 'Til Leather demo tone, or do you mean the studio Kill 'Em All tone? Kirk Hamster played on KEA, and I think the tones are pretty different, but I'll assume you mean the KEA tone. Hamster used a Gibson Flying V through a Marshall stack of some sort(I've no idea what kind they used earlier on) with a gain boost. The treble should be up high, and I know James put his mids way down and his bass up, but I think for the leads Kirk had his mids a little above average and his bass down. Regardless, TREBLE, TREBLE, TREBLE, and MARSHALL MARSHALL MARSHALL. xD Kirk used a wah too but I don't know which kind. I know most of this because I was a massive Metallica fan when I first got into metal, but I've listened to them...twice this year willingly? xD Regardless, best of luck to you, my good man!

lol i thought mustaine played kill em all album but w/e.

and thanks for your reply.

and why do you call hammett hamster lol, he doesnt really look like a hamster