First off, my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I scanned the forum, and this seemed to be the best place for this thread. Anyway, I have an Agile AL-2000, and for some reason the treble pickup kinda took a crap on me.

When the neck pick-up is selected, it's just fine. No issues, no crackling, it sounds great. However when I switch to the middle position, things start to get kind of fuzzy... which doesn't sound too good. As soon as I switch to the bridge position, the sound gets extremely quiet. I can hardly hear anything. Sometimes if I flick the switch around, it'll work on the treble position with minimal fuzz... but it'll just go out a few minutes later and I have to switch pickups again.

I'm not too savvy with guitar electronics; I've never had to solder anything myself, but I am willing to take out the time and do so if need be. I'm just trying to make sense of this issue, and not overpay if it's an easy repair. Like I said, I'll go out and get a soldering iron and do it myself, but I just don't want to run into a major roadblock if it's something extremely complicated. Any feedback or help would be heavily appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Harris
Your going to want to open up the guitar and check for loose wiring. Soldering isn't hard so you should be able to fix it yourself and save yourself the hassle of dealing with a guitar shop.
Yeah I popped open the back last night to take a look.. didn't see anything loose where the pots are, but again I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. Thanks.

P.S. Your avatar is ****in badass
it sounds like it has something to do with the toggle switch. Or possibly the pickup itself. check for any oxidation etc of the solder around the switch and possibly the bridge volume pot. good luck.
*insert witty statement here*
I don't think it's the pickup unless somehow you're shorting out one of the coils. Which I guess is possible. Disconnect the two leads from the pots and check them on a voltmeter. I'd imagine they should rate no lower than 8.5 ohms. So if one coild its shorted that would put you near 4 ohms.

If that all seems to work out I'd check the toggle switch and the bridge volume pot.
Quote by inkandlead
I don't think it's the pickup unless somehow you're shorting out one of the coils. Which I guess is possible. Disconnect the two leads from the pots and check them on a voltmeter. I'd imagine they should rate no lower than 8.5 ohms. So if one coild its shorted that would put you near 4 ohms.

If that all seems to work out I'd check the toggle switch and the bridge volume pot.

i assume you mean 8.5k ohms and 4k ohms. big difference. and resistance is measured on an ohm meter, not a voltmeter... if one of the coils was being shorted, the other coil would still operate.

TS: pups themselves rarely just die like this. the most likely problem is the switch or the wiring. pup coils dont just short or become open unless something catastrophically bad has happened.
I'm assuming you haven't put in a active pickup or anything in the bridge have you?