Just out of curiosity, What makes Parker fly guitars so expensive? I'm not planing on getting one anytime soon, just wanted to know.
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
their amazing quality and craftsmanship and parts
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Go to a local music store ( not guitar center) and play one if they have one, and youll know what i mean. Extremely well made, beautiful, flawless, sound awesome. Unique guitars.
-Good craftsmanship
-Complex design
-Special materials like carbon-glass-epoxy
-They use their own hardware, which adds to the manufacturing cost
-Piezo bridges and other high tech electronics
I've played several, they're very underwhelming instruments

you're paying for the shape
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Supposedly great sound without the weight... great sound, that is until you start to notice the buzz (no pun intended). (not my words, from some article I read on them years ago from a pro...)
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!
I've always thought they looked amazingly ugly..
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I'll jump on the Parker hate wagon. I've never played one, and I won't even attempt to comment on how they feel or what they sound like.

But by god are they some of the most hideous guitars in production.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sorry, if I could keep only one guitar in my collection, it would be the Parker, hands down. Nothing else plays like it, sounds as good as it, or is as versatile.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I've played a few from varying price points and I can safely say that money is going on pretty much everything. The build quality alone is simply amazing, they feel really solid no matter what you're spending on one. Then you get on to the more complicated than average electronics and the uncommon parts...

I can imagine the feel is really very divisive but no matter what, you can't say they're actually bad instruments.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
The carbon fretboard and stainless frets make string bending a real pleasure. It's a feeling completely unlike bending on my PRS with rosewood fretboard. Far nicer.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
I've played one or two and wish I had one. Some of the higher end ones with the exotic (expensive) materials are STOOPID light. I tried a premier model at a guitar show and it was so weightless it was like having solid air in my hands.

Sound was killer, too.

The aesthetics aren't for everyone, though.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Slightly off topic, but concerning light guitars:

Has anyone played one of those POS Dean Vendetta XM's? By far the lightest guitar I've ever played. Had a very unique tone too, it was very sharp in a weird, hard to desribe way. It was easily the worst guitar I have ever owned, worse than my Wal Mart First Act, but I sure did like it's tone a lot more than my main guitar at the time which was an Epiphone G400. That was the 2nd worst guitar I've ever owned

If I'm fortunate enough to have few custom guitars in my lifetime (I already have the first couple planned out), I'd like to have a guitar made of Paulowina (what the Vendetta XM's are made of, I've not seen any other guitar made of it since then).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'd like to play a parker some day
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by StrykVladzimsky
I've always thought they looked amazingly ugly..

what?... I think they look really cool in any color
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
I used to own a P-44. It was a solid guitar. The upper scale Flies, however, are just simply amazing. What you're paying for is:

Absolute choice materials
Hand Crafted Quality
Complex neck-through cuts
Great pickups
Complex wiring system
Acoustic simulator
Fantastic feel and build

The best guitar I've ever played was the 25th Anniversary Custom 24. A close second is a Parker Snakeskin Fly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by NIN1993
what?... I think they look really cool in any color

The headstock in my opinion is pure ugly... Although I've never played one, and I trust the others have better taste than I, I just can't get over why they'd make a guitar that weird looking. Carbon fibre does sound pretty cool though.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

The headstock looks so flimsy
HILT!

Where's Waldo?