Poll: Which one would you buy?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one would you buy?
47'' LG- ACL 1080p
30 97%
50'' LG- PLasma 720p
1 3%
Voters: 31.
So those are the two models I'm looking forward to buy, but I can't take a decision.
What would you chose:

47'' LG -ACL 1080p
http://www.walmart.ca/Electronics/TVs/40-49-TVs/LG-47-Class-1080p-LCD-TV-47LK450

or

50'' LG- Plasma 720p
http://www.walmart.ca/Electronique/Televiseurs/Televiseurs-a-ecran-50-po-et-plus/TVHD-LG-plasma-de-categorie-50-po-50PT350

Both of them are around the same price.
I can't decide

note: I'm not a big gamer, but I do enjoy video games once in a while (ps3)
also, the tv will be set in my basement (no windows close)
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Last edited by /-Vince-\ at Aug 9, 2011,
1080p all the way
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
choose.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Go with the plasma. The LCD may seem like a better bet because of the 1080p, but the frame speed is only 60Hz so it will make any fast motion seem jittery. The plasma has an inherent frame speed of 600Hz and has truer, deeper colors than an LCD. Your going to be in a basement so glare is not a problem for you. People get wowed by the brightness on LCDs but dont tend to realize that with the brighter screens colors tend to get washed out. I've been around Tvs since flat panels came out and I still am a plasma person over LCD. The negative rumors about plasmas are totally not true, they will not burn out in a year(the panel has a half-life of 180,000+ hrs), and as long as you dont pause a game and leave it for 2 hours, screen burn is not a concern. As for the 1080p vs 720p, if your not a real video junkie your eyes will not really be able to tell the difference between the two. (Even though true 1080p is still a rarity these days, most things are 720p upconverted to 1080p). Hope that helps. Cheers.
Quote by Jabels225
Go with the plasma. The LCD may seem like a better bet because of the 1080p, but the frame speed is only 60Hz so it will make any fast motion seem jittery. The plasma has an inherent frame speed of 600Hz and has truer, deeper colors than an LCD. Your going to be in a basement so glare is not a problem for you. People get wowed by the brightness on LCDs but dont tend to realize that with the brighter screens colors tend to get washed out. I've been around Tvs since flat panels came out and I still am a plasma person over LCD. The negative rumors about plasmas are totally not true, they will not burn out in a year(the panel has a half-life of 180,000+ hrs), and as long as you dont pause a game and leave it for 2 hours, screen burn is not a concern. As for the 1080p vs 720p, if your not a real video junkie your eyes will not really be able to tell the difference between the two. (Even though true 1080p is still a rarity these days, most things are 720p upconverted to 1080p). Hope that helps. Cheers.

This is true.

However, the 720p with a large screen than the 1080p would look like total ass to me so I'd get the 1080.
Quote by Avedas
This is true.

However, the 720p with a large screen than the 1080p would look like total ass to me so I'd get the 1080.

Depends on how close you are sitting to it, TS, how close will you be? Ideal distance for either Tv is about 12 feet or more
I'll be sitting about 10-12ft far
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
720p on a tv that big will suck, go for the 1080p one!
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
pfffff.

HD is too mainstream. I use a tube television.

....but it's also a 1080i tube TV. I'm so obscure.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
pfffff.

HD is too mainstream. I use a tube television.

....but it's also a 1080i tube TV. I'm so obscure.

hows the overdrive on the picture when you push the tubes?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
So from what I see so far, it's 15 - 0 1080p...
I guess I'll go with that then
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Crushing.

How crushing? Line 6 Spider crushing or MG crushing or 5150 crushing or Rec crushing or Acoustic crushing?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.