Although so much of the Pit is perfect in every sense, there are still a few of us who are simply human and make mistakes.

Unfortunately, some of these happen at work - whether serious, stupid, or insignificant; out of apathy or just inexperience. So, Pit, name some times when you have simply dun goofed at work.
poop
Every single day. I do flooring and tiling and I fuck everything up all the time.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
I worked at a scout camp over the summer. I was helping the cooks bag up these cookie bars and no one told me how many went in a bag. They corrected me after the first bag, so I fixed it, but I must have ****ed up somewhere cuz there was one extra cookie bar. Everyone looked at me like I was such an asshole.
When I worked at toy store last year, a little kid asked me where he could find these penguin toys. I told them where they were and then I noticed he was alone. I asked him who he was with. He said his grandma so I told him he better find her. And I resumed to my business.

5 mins later there was lost kid alert on the radios. Now I'm not really sure it was the same kid but they did find him.
I work at a fast food place, and this one time my boss told me to help him kill some health inspector because he thought he was a phony trying to get free food. So, we tried to poison him with some rancid burger, but then it turns out he WAS a health inspector. We took the body to a hill outside of town and tried to bury it, but on the way back to town we were stopped a pair of cops. It was raining, and the body must not have been buried deep enough because it slid right back down the hill towards us. Thank God the cops didn't see it, so when the cops told us they'd give us a ride back to town I stuffed it in the trunk with the shovels we were carrying. When we got back to the resturaunt my boss told me to take the body to the freezer, but the back door was locked. I hid the body under my hat (I'm surprised the elastic held) and tried to walk by the cops as fast as I could. My hat fell over and my boss, thinking quickly, opened the register, started pushing money on the cops and called it some crazy giveaway, "Open Cash Register Night" I think it was. During this, I slipped in the back and placed the ex-health inspector in the freezer. When I came back out front my boss was looking nervous and kept repeating the word "ice". I told him I did what he asked and all of the sudden he shot toward the back door and cracked, blaming the death on me. I shot back with an accusation, and as the confessions were flying one of the guards went back to the freezer, only to find it empty. We tried to play it off as a joke, and one of the officers said maybe he turned into a zombie. We all laughed, and then we heard a moan come from behind us. It was the health inspector, AND HE WAS A ZOMBIE. The two officers beat the Hell out of him, but it turns out that he wasn't dead, and he gave our resturaunt a passing grade.

Woops.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by phlip999
I work at a fast food place, and this one time my boss told me to help him kill some health inspector because he thought he was a phony trying to get free food. So, we tried to poison him with some rancid burger, but then it turns out he WAS a health inspector. We took the body to a hill outside of town and tried to bury it, but on the way back to town we were stopped a pair of cops. It was raining, and the body must not have been buried deep enough because it slid right back down the hill towards us. Thank God the cops didn't see it, so when the cops told us they'd give us a ride back to town I stuffed it in the trunk with the shovels we were carrying. When we got back to the resturaunt my boss told me to take the body to the freezer, but the back door was locked. I hid the body under my hat (I'm surprised the elastic held) and tried to walk by the cops as fast as I could. My hat fell over and my boss, thinking quickly, opened the register, started pushing money on the cops and called it some crazy giveaway, "Open Cash Register Night" I think it was. During this, I slipped in the back and placed the ex-health inspector in the freezer. When I came back out front my boss was looking nervous and kept repeating the word "ice". I told him I did what he asked and all of the sudden he shot toward the back door and cracked, blaming the death on me. I shot back with an accusation, and as the confessions were flying one of the guards went back to the freezer, only to find it empty. We tried to play it off as a joke, and one of the officers said maybe he turned into a zombie. We all laughed, and then we heard a moan come from behind us. It was the health inspector, AND HE WAS A ZOMBIE. The two officers beat the Hell out of him, but it turns out that he wasn't dead, and he gave our resturaunt a passing grade.

Woops.

(Invalid img)
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by phlip999

Woops.

Oh Nosferatu!
Battling FC: 0259 8373 3725
First job was a dishwasher and I dropped a plate. I know it seems like no big deal, but I felt really, really stupid.
I mess up all the time at my own liquor store, but thankfully I haven't served any minors by accident.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Let's see, I stopped paying attention and got a half inch steel cable wrapped in the prop of a sixty foot boat which had to be hauled out to be fixed.

I dropped the one set of boat keys that didn't have flotation in the ocean. (I dove in after them)

I've been whacked in the head by way too many heavy objects to count.

Ahh, the joys of working on the ocean...
Meh, i'm a waiter so the work is really straightforward, there's not much room for ****ing shit up. I've broken many a plate/glass/bowl in my day as a dishwasher though.

I get an order wrong every once in a while I guess. I'm basically perfect, don't hate
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I worked at a grocery store doing backshift, and I brought my own knife (to cut tape on the boxes). With said knife I proceeded to slice a good portion off of my thumb in trying to close it. On my first day...
I work at the busiest Dunkin Donuts in the U.S.

I done goof all the time; everyday. I've honestly thought about making a movie about the bullshit that goes on there but I don't think I'm any good at making movies
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46

I done goof all the time; everyday. I've honestly thought about making a movie about the bullshit that goes on there but I don't think I'm any good at making movies

Do tell...
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by vicarious46

Hit up Kevin Smith.
Quote by vicarious46

You don't happen to live in Chelmsford do you? I know your profile says Boston, but I've heard the DD's by my house is one of the busiest in the country, or at least New England.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
I've never made a mistake at any of my jobs... could it be that I'm perfect? Or could it be that I've never had a job?

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by phlip999
I work at a fast food place, and this one time my boss told me to help him kill some health inspector because he thought he was a phony trying to get free food. So, we tried to poison him with some rancid burger...

YES!

YES!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Gman400
You don't happen to live in Chelmsford do you? I know your profile says Boston, but I've heard the DD's by my house is one of the busiest in the country, or at least New England.

No I live in Weymouth and work at the Dunkies in S. Weymouth, they were named busiest in 2007 and i think they still hold the title. Although that one could be the busiest now or one time. DD is huge in New England.

@Bradulator: Haha Idk it probably won't sound that cool on the internet or whatever but most of my shifts are spent pissing off whoever is the manager (and everyone else) that day through whatever means possible. I'll follow them around, stealing their keys, mocking them, answering every question of they ask with sarcasm and all kinds of stupid shit. For a couple weeks me and a few other guys followed around one of managers singing the "sexy saxophone" thing from youtube until the point that she threatened to seriously fire us if we even began to sing it.

I've sexually harassed (and been harassed) by numorous girls that i work with.... including my managers.
I've thrown munchkins/doughnuts off the roof at people.
Been shot at with bb guns by other employees.
There's a shit load stuff that goes on in the kitchen that is similar to the movie Waiting...
My friend, on April fools smushed up a brownie on the floor of the men's room, had a customer in on the prank tell me someone shit on the floor to which i responded by storming around the place screaming "I can't ****ing stand this place, this is ****in' bullshit, i dont get paid enough to deal with this shit, i need a ****in raise or i'm done." Some of this I did say in front of the head manager of the place

Idk I feel like it could sure as hell make an interesting movie if someone did it right, I just don't think I could do that movie right haha

EDIT: I also work with a very "colorful" crew that are extremely diverse and ****ed in their own individual way. Anal sex and defecating are a common topic amongst this crew, mostly consisting of women
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by metalh3ad88
Let's see, I stopped paying attention and got a half inch steel cable wrapped in the prop of a sixty foot boat which had to be hauled out to be fixed.

I dropped the one set of boat keys that didn't have flotation in the ocean. (I dove in after them)

I've been whacked in the head by way too many heavy objects to count.

Ahh, the joys of working on the ocean...

youuuuuu ****ing liarrrr. Thats from Always sunny
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
I had a job painting houses. I was on the roof and spilled a bucket of paint. Then the paint went into the gutter, down the downspout, and onto another roof.
At the Justice Tour:
Guy in audience: Libertyville represent!
Tom Morello: Yes. Libertyville…represent.

Quote by IDread
Damn. You got insanely lucky when it comes to manly surnames.

Ai æm eɪ prəpoʊnənt ʌv eɪ kəmplitli fənɛtɪk ælfəbɛt. Spɛl ɛvriθɪŋ wɪθ ðə AɪPiEɪ.
I work as a math tutor. This girl came in because she needed help with trig. There was some crazy proof she had. I can normally solve the proofs pretty easily, but I couldn't solve this one. I asked another tutor, he couldn't solve it. Then we asked another tutor and she couldn't solve it. Then it quickly escalated out of control and we literally had 8 tutors trying to solve one problem. None of us could.
When i first started working at my most recent place, i was in the stock room and managed to topple the stacks and stacks of boxes over. Took hours to stack them all back again
I'm constantly f*cking late.

For some reason, I sometimes sleep through my 2 alarm clocks..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise