Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think about going out to a bar or drinking establishment by yourself? Fine, pathetic, no big deal?

I have a slightly different schedule then most people, so sometimes my friends are busy/sleeping when I feel like going out so I just go alone. I'm just curious to see how other people think, or if anybody else does the same.
It can be fun. The one time I went to the local bar by myself some jackass smeared shit on the men's room walls. was funny seeing everyone's reaction who came out of it. It did smell after a while, that wasn't so funny.
No big deal. I've seen numerous people go to bars around here by themselves.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
ill get a drink or two after class by myself sometimes. other than that ive never really done it

as far as other people, i think it's fine to go out and enjoy yourself, but making a habit of going out and getting smashed by yourself is kinda sad
Quote by howamidriving?
getting smashed by yourself is kinda sad

Agreed. Going by yourself can be nice. Maybe you'll strike a conversation up with someone interesting, and you won't be alone anymore
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
totally fine, as long as you're not drinking yourself into oblivion there. Bar employees don't want to be responsible for your drunk ass, that's for your friends to deal with. Having a few drinks is alright, maybe you'll run into someone you know there, or strike up a conversation with one of the other patrons. Or take a barmaid home with you, whatever works.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
I've done it a few times, but I usually go to a bar where I'm likely to run into someone I know.
I only go to the bar so I can hang out with my mates anyway. I don't actually like the bars themselves, and 99% of the people there are wankers, at least in my town. If I want to drink and no-one's doing anything I'd rather get some beer from Tesco and watch a movie. It's cheaper, too.
If you're going with the sole purpose of getting plastered then you have a problem. If you just want to hang out and drink a bit I see absolutely no problem.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Depends. Are you able to make friends there easy? Then, go right ahead. But if you're just gonna sit in the corner or chat the bartender's ear off while getting wasted, stay home.
I like it sometimes. Especially if you're travelling, though I suppose that's often your only option in that situation. You're bound to strike up a good conversation after a few beers - it's often more entertaining than going out with friends with whom you have exhausted practically all avenues of conversation. Actually, I met my girlfriend of 4 years this way.
I'm sure people do it all the time if they're just looking to watch some football at a place that serves beer and wings.
I go to my neighborhood bar all the time alone. I know the regulars and bartenders enough that I'm never "alone" per sé.
#DTWD
never have and dont plan on it, i drink socially
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I live right next to two bars. Its a bit awkward drinking alone though they're not very social though
Thats when I actually get lucky with the girls.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by deathdrummer
Thats when I actually get lucky with the girls.

What when they have no other options?!
Quote by Mazzakazza
Sure, I take a book and have a pint or two.

what kind of book do u take? just curious about that.
Quote by symbolssymbols
what kind of book do u take? just curious about that.

Colouring book.
Yeah I love doing this, getting some peace and quiet and meeting new people
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Yeh I do it sometimes. Sometimes it's going for a couple of pints before I meet other people, but I have just gone on my own a few times, just to get out the house.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
only when the footies on
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I go to the bar alone whenever possible seeing as I'm usually forced to go drinking after work.
I also went and had a few drinks alone all 3 times my wife was giving birth, I learned that from East Of Eden and it was the best lesson I've ever learned.
Quote by whitenihilist
Asada is schooling Playmadness.

Quote by Victory2134
Asada confirmed for coolest guy in here.
Quote by Steve635z
What when they have no other options?!

hahaha Yeah dude its simple math.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

Quote by deathdrummer
hahaha Yeah dude its simple math.

60% of the time, it works, Everytime!
Quote by Steve635z
60% of the time, it works, Everytime!

But Dude thats when I have had the best success, I wasnt drunk and I didnt have drunk friends with me.

I enjoy it. Being the cool mysterious guy looking around while being dangerously drunk.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Unless i have a good book or a newspaper, i always feel awkward going to a bar or even a cafe by myself, although i did once go to a bar on my own for a pint and some lunch when i was in Oxford Street, mostly to check out a good place to go with friends for future reference.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
I only go to the bar so I can hang out with my mates anyway. I don't actually like the bars themselves, and 99% of the people there are wankers, at least in my town. If I want to drink and no-one's doing anything I'd rather get some beer from Tesco and watch a movie. It's cheaper, too.
Pretty much this.

Unless I've had a knackering day, in which case I'll get a paper and read football results with a few lagers.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
To be fair, I do have a tattoo of the Guinness harp.

But that's a long story.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
When I used to drink regularly, I used to frequent a pub in Burnley called The Carlton. It was basicaly a live venue and dope smokers pub. This was where all my friends used to go (it's long gone now) and meet up and I pretty much knew everyone that regularly frequented the place, so the upshot was, I could go there on my own but be almost guaranteed to meet friends once I got there.

It was a bit like 'Cheers' on TV, but with more drugs.
I'm looking forward to being old like my Dad so that I can head down to the local pub at any given time and be guaranteed to run into a load of people that I know.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 2