So I applied for a job at Best Buy a while back and sometime late July they called me and set up an interview. At the interview (which went well, I think) they said they wanted to me in a different position than what I applied for, so the lady told me to apply for the other position, call her back (She gave me the company number and her personal phone number) and schedule another interview. I applied for the other job, but I was going to be out of town until my birthday (This was for about a week) and they couldn't hire me unti I turned 17 anyways, so it all worked out. I called her and she said that she would call me back and set up a second interview for the week when I got back.

She hadn't called for a few days so I called back to check and she said she had to wait until they got their schedule in for that week. So that week came and went and still no call. I called her tuesday of that week (August 2nd) but I got her voicemail, so I left a message saying that I thought she was going to call me and was just checking up on the job offer. She hasn't called me back yet. What should I do? Im hesitant to call her back again, but I want this job and Im not sure if I can find another one and still be able to start before school does. Suggestions?

tl;dr: I applied for a job, was interviewed, offered another position, told they would call back for a second interview once they got in their schedule, they never called. Halp?
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Last edited by ironmaiden_98 at Aug 9, 2011,
Learn to paragraph and wait another few days, if no call, call her again.

EDIT: Thanks
Last edited by conor-figgy at Aug 9, 2011,
Like conor said: Wait a few more days and call back. If you don't get anything, then I would start looking for another job.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Her personal number? She wants you...

OT: Give it a few more days.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Give her a day or two and then call back. Repeat that until you get a hold of her, don't back down until they strait up tell you you're not getting the job.

Obviously don't be annoying, but persistence seriously pays off when you're trying to get a job.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Gorelord666
Her personal number? She wants you...

this. sex her the **** up!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
this. sex her the **** up!

She's not attractive at all and is like twice my age
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
Quote by ironmaiden_98
She's not attractive at all

probably has low self esteem. you can work with that.

and is like twice my age

she is experienced. HUGE PLUS.
They usual do stuff like that when they don't want to hire you.
But persist and ring until they give you the job. They will buckle eventually.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Yea managers are assholes like that, they hope you'll just **** off instead of them telling you to go away. Apparently they think it's easier to ignore a buncha calls instead of saying "sorry, we're not hiring"
Go in and see her in person?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.