MIT Lincoln Laboratory researchers develop a technique to cure a broad range of virus

Here's your daily dose of science.

http://www.ll.mit.edu/news/DRACO.html

Dr. Rider says that although more extensive testing is needed, "DRACO has the potential to revolutionize the treatment and prevention of virtually all viral diseases, including everything from the common cold to Ebola."

Cool eh? Wonder how exactly it works...
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Responded in our own little haven, darls.

Quote by blake1221
Cell suicide?

Fuck yeah, band name.

For a band that'll get no hits. You need something catchy. Like Blasphemmogar.
Quote by severed-metal
Responded in our own little haven, darls.

For a band that'll get no hits. You need something catchy. Like Blasphemmogar.

blaspfemwhat lul
****ing awesome!

Take that Rhinovirus!
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
As a result, DRACO should be effective against virtually all viruses, rapidly terminating a viral infection while minimizing the impact on the patient.

DRACO should be effective against virtually all viruses

should be

Humm, it should be effective, but they are not sure...I love the assumptions scientists make, oh it'll work....at least it should in theory...expect zombies afocklypse.
^ Yeah, bet you'll be hatin' on science watching your tv, using the internet, using cooking appliances, getting medicine to make you better. Oh, wait... I really hope your anti-science bullshit bites you in the ass.

On topic: Draco?

Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Aug 9, 2011,
Why do they always name that shit like it's the zombie apocalypse catalyst, seriously.

DRACO? wtf is wrong with flu-b-gone
Quote by ethan_hanus
Humm, it should be effective, but they are not sure...I love the assumptions scientists make, oh it'll work....at least it should in theory...expect zombies afocklypse.

Lrn 2 science pleb.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by ethan_hanus

I'd be far more suspicious if they said 'This will definitely work no matter what'.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Wasn't penicillin supposed to eradicate all disease? And yet, here we are like 100 years later going, "Dammit, Grandma got aids!"
Lincoln Labs is the next town over from me O.o. I so want to co-op there...
██████████████████████████████
Quote by CG Man16
Lrn 2 science pleb.

Maybe they should actually confirm that it actually does what they think it will do before screaming to the world that they found the cure to virtually every virus in the world, in one medicine, which I highly doubt they did. Heck, the flu vaccines are practically useless, everyone I know that gets them still gets the flu, the 2 week puking your guts out flu.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Maybe they should actually confirm that it actually does what they think it will do before screaming to the world that they found the cure to virtually every virus in the world, in one medicine, which I highly doubt they did. Heck, the flu vaccines are practically useless, everyone I know that gets them still gets the flu, the 2 week puking your guts out flu.

Shut your face, Eating Anus.
Quote by ethan_hanus

They've tested it, and it works. They just need to test it more to make sure it always does, and you know, they don't create zombies or something.

Flu vaccines aren't useless unless you have a really shit immune system that can't kill a half dead virus. With 2 weeks of throwing up I'd assume they did. And that v.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
Heck, the flu vaccines are practically useless, everyone I know that gets them still gets the flu, the 2 week puking your guts out flu.

They only protect against a certain strain of the virus which is why they have a new one every year. But even if you get a vaccine every year, it's not enough to protect against all the other mutations of the virus.
cat
Quote by ethan_hanus

You know what you could do? Stop picking and choosing and stop selectively reading.

Dr. Rider says that although more extensive testing is needed, "DRACO has the potential to revolutionize the treatment and prevention of virtually all viral diseases, including everything from the common cold to Ebola."

Well shit, what about that, they're not doing anything you're saying and all you had to do was read either the OP or the article properly. You've excelled once again in making yourself look like a jackass.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by CG Man16
Flu vaccines aren't useless unless you have a really shit immune system that can't kill a half dead virus.
Except half the people here get sick for a week after getting one. Either half the people have shit immune systems or there's something odd about the vaccine. Either one is a cause for concern. Also, it's fairly well known in the medical field that we've become such a pill popping/shot happy society, and that is actually causing problems according to some doctors.
Quote by guitarxo
They only protect against a certain strain of the virus which is why they have a new one every year. But even if you get a vaccine every year, it's not enough to protect against all the other mutations of the virus.

And this is exactly why they are useless, there are so many different strains of the same virus, that making a vaccine that only affects one strain is like shooting a pistol in the dark at a moving target that's 50 yards away that's the size of a quarter.

I've never had the flu vaccine, and I've never had the flu, and I'll never get the flu vaccine, because it's a sham.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Except half the people here get sick for a week after getting one. Either half the people have shit immune systems or there's something odd about the vaccine. Either one is a cause for concern. Also, it's fairly well known in the medical field that we've become such a pill popping/shot happy society, and that is actually causing problems according to some doctors.

The shot doesn't cover all possible strains of the flu, just the most prevalent ones. I would not be surprised if most people had shit immune systems with the horrible diets most people have now.

Over prescription of antibiotics for stuff that doesn't need it = mutations in bacteria causing immunity to antibiotics.

^I've never gotten one either, only had the flu once. Felt like shit for a day, not too bad. But discouraging people to is well... stupid. It could just save your life, ya know?
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Aug 9, 2011,
Quote by ethan_hanus
And this is exactly why they are useless, there are so many different strains of the same virus, that making a vaccine that only affects one strain is like shooting a pistol in the dark at a moving target that's 50 yards away that's the size of a quarter.

I've never had the flu vaccine, and I've never had the flu, and I'll never get the flu vaccine, because it's a sham.

Yeah! Fuck science!
Quote by ethan_hanus
ಠ_ಠ

As for your other concerns, this is a broad spectrum drug, dawling. This isn't a "flu vaccine" either.
This will somehow cause the end of the world. Like maybe because of it a supervirus comes out and ****s shit up or something.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Not quite, considering that there are factors that allow the doctors to make an educated guess on which strain will be the problem.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!