hello !! i use 1 and 4 fingers to hold power chords ! is it normal or i gotta change the habit to 1 & 3 fingers ??
It's ok.James Hetfield does it.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
I usually use 1+3, but some riffs might need me to use 1+4 because of a quick shift involving fingers 2/3. Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis by Trivium features one such riff.
I just do what's comfortable. No sense breaking your fingers just to play it like someone else does.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
We typically assign one finger per fret. While it's technically correct to use 1 and 3, the world won't end if you don't.
I use 1 and 4 and have never had a problem, but I did learn to become comfortable with 1 and 3 as well for that extra versatility if it was ever needed.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Quote by Bryc3e
I use 1 and 4 and have never had a problem, but I did learn to become comfortable with 1 and 3 as well for that extra versatility if it was ever needed.

this.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Learn both. Most of the time I use 1 and 4 though
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Thank god other people use their pinkies

I thought I was doing something horrible and learning wrong.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Yeah, me too! I was thinking that maybe my hands were too small to ever play properly.... Of course, when playing with that extra third string 1,3 and 4 come into play. I find that slightly tricky getting my 3 and 4 fingers close together - they don't like each other's company....