I bought an acoustic at a yardsale a couple of weeks ago, replaced the rusted strings with medium steels, and loved it. I decided to buy some classical strings to see how they sounded. Ya..... I don't mind the EAD silvered bronze, a lot more give than I'm used to, but its alright, they have a nice throaty sound too. But the nylon GBE..... I tune them and before I can play, they are out of tune again. I get that they are plastic and they stretch, but is there anything I can do? I literally can't get them to stay in tune >.<
What do you guys listen to when playing video games?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Sorry, didn't realize I was that loud.

I'll be leaving your closet now.
you dont put classical strings on a steel string acoustic.
Classical Guitarist
There's a difference between a classical guitar and a run of the mill acoustic?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

steel and nylon string guitars are braced entirely differently, and bracing is a lot of what gives a guitar its tone. also most steel string guitars have different bracing and truss rods because steel strings are much higher in tension than nylon. and that also makes a difference to the tone.

then there's the size of the slots in the nut. since nylon strings are much thicker, they won't fit in the nut without adjustment.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
So there's no way I can reconcile classical strings and a steel string guitar?
Quote by DemonicSamurai

Quote by T3hdude

Men fapping.

Quote by iancmtaylor

No.
Classical Guitarist
well, if you don't mind that the guitar won't sound good and that you will need to replace or alter some parts, you can reconcile them. i can't imagine it being worth the trouble.

Quote by iancmtaylor
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!