So heres the deal...i ordered the wrong pots. 250k pots for my humbuckers. Here is my question though:

Since this guitar, a kh602, is solid maple and made the stock 81/81 EMGs sound way to trebly and bright...will the 250k pots make the guitar sound warmer, and a little more "full"? The replacement pickups i bought are GFS power rails, so they are fairly high output.

Any help is appreciated.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by ethan_hanus
It'll certainly cut some of the treble frequencies, and make things more dark, but it will also compress the pickup a little bit.

Idk about keeping it from being bright, but it'll help tame some of the highs.

Hmm, well, would you say its worth the time to try the idea, or will it compress the pickup more than its worth? If so ill just order 500k's...but i saw it as a chance to experiment.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't KH602 bodies alder with maple neck? I know the KH603; the LP body one, is solid maple.

In the case that it is Alder, putting 250k pots will probably make it sound more Basswood-y, I'm assuming.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by MonsterOfRock
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't KH602 bodies alder with maple neck? I know the KH603; the LP body one, is solid maple.

In the case that it is Alder, putting 250k pots will probably make it sound more Basswood-y, I'm assuming.

Well, i bought mine a hanful of years back, the newer ones may be alder? I remember the catalog stating maple...because it was a toss up between the 602 and 603 at the time. but from research i seem to be mistaken? lol

I guess ill try it out...if i dont like it...oh well.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Well, I've been following ESP KH guitars for over 5 years now, nearly bought one... Hammett being one of my faves an all, lol. I can't recall any of the Strat shape ones being Maple. The old 603s have always been maple though, friend of mine owns one, weighs a ton.

Yea man, If you already bought the pots, try it out for sure!
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q