Ok, If you have ever argued on an internet forum, why did you do it?

I do sometimes not because it's fun, but because it sparks interesting conversation and debate.

or do you do it just to get your rocks off?
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Because if I see someone say something wrong on the internet, I just can't handle it.
God damn it i hate your avatar.

OT: I try to stay away from internet arguments as much as possible. They're always stupid.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 10, 2011,
Sometimes I get in the mood. I'm not a big enough asshole to keep up with the other big assholes though.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I usually argue with my mates a lot on MSN. And I used to get into a lot of arguments on CoD about whether or not a shot could be construed as a Quickscope or not
I like to see other peoples' opinions on things. I try not to be disrespectful or confrontational about it.
I fail to see why internet arguments are different from real life arguments. Internet is where it's at, bitches.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Quote by Flibo
I fail to see why internet arguments are different from real life arguments. Internet is where it's at, bitches.

On the internet you're not face to face. People have no shame in what they say, its much easier to completely shit on someone you've never met and will most likely never see than to do it to their face.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by seeneyj
Ok, If you have ever argued on an internet forum, why did you do it?
One of these:

1. I wanted to look and feel smart.

2. I legitimately wanted to argue a certain opinion to encounter counterarguments and strengthen (or possibly weaken) my view.

3. I was legitimately offended by someone's post and opinion.

Mostly number 1. There's been a few number 2 and 3s here and there.

Edit: And it's number 1 for about 95% of users here in The Pit. No matter what they say in this thread.
Last edited by The Madcap at Aug 10, 2011,
Edit: ^ Not for me. I promise.

I will admit, I also used to do it to feel smart, until I realised what a ****ing idiot I am. Now I legitimately like to see other's opinions.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by slipknot5678
Edit: Nuh Uh! I promise.

I will admit, I also used to do it to feel smart, until I realised what a ****ing idiot I am. Now I legitimately like to see other's opinions.
Nah, you're cool bro.

I mean, sometimes I see users have the same argument over and over and over again, where they use the same posts verbatim in an argument where they pretty much know they've won right from the beginning. and I'm like "...Shit." I doubt they're doing it for some selfless quest to liberalize others.
I don't argue (most of the time); I debate. They're much different.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
I don't argue (most of the time); I debate. They're much different.

I was going to say something similar but I thought somebody would call me a stupid pseudo intellectual.
I only do it when I feel like pissing someone off or if someone else starts it.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by slipknot5678
I was going to say something similar but I thought somebody would call me a stupid pseudo intellectual.

This.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Only when someone is saying something which I strongly disagree against. I think it's pretty pathetic though haha
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.