I used Dunlop tortex 1.0, and I switched to Dunlop ultex sharp 2.0's and I'm not going to lie. These picks madey picking 5-10 % faster. It's awesome. They feel better In my hand than any other pick I've ever used. Give one a try and tell my what you think.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
I got faster by using Jazz 3's. Best pick ever made.
Quote by luxeion
i keep asking my dad for wood. but he keeps getting annoyed (he's working on a house). and i'm too young to go outside.

I also changed to Ultex Sharp and thought it was the best pick ever. Then I found about Jazz IIIs.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Maybe I'm weird... But I don't like the feel of jazz III. I was told about them from my teacher and they dont fit my fingers right or something.
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
I use steel picks. Can't even play with anything else anymore. Feels weird.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
dont fall into the jazz III curse. ultex's are great but once u go jazz, its really hard to use a normal pick. and you will notice their less attack and how fast they dull
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by MaVN
Maybe I'm weird... But I don't like the feel of jazz III. I was told about them from my teacher and they dont fit my fingers right or something.

Shun the non-believer!

Picks, like nearly everything else related to guitar, are subjective. Different people play best with different kinds of picks. There is no best one, or worst one. Kind of like how there's not good necks or bad necks, "fast" necks or "slow" necks on a guitar.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Shun the non-believer!

Picks, like nearly everything else related to guitar, are subjective. Different people play best with different kinds of picks. There is no best one, or worst one. Kind of like how there's not good necks or bad necks, "fast" necks or "slow" necks on a guitar.

slow as hell

no but really, this guy is spot on, subjective no better or worse its what u like
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
JAZZ III's RULE
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
To be honest its a thing of personal preference. I used Jazz III for a loooong time, and then changed to Dunlop tortex 0,8 green, and man, even they arent that sharp or hard - its just a better pick for me, and I can shred faster with green 0,8...

Personal preference.