Good morning UG,

I've been playing guitar for 5-6 years (though I've kind of been on a 'break' or not playing since I sold all of my gear about a year ago) and I'm looking to get back into it.

I did have a Schecter Hellraiser, with a Bugera 6260 half stack, ISP decimator, etc, which was a really great setup for me. I'm looking at getting an ESP LTD EC-1000 as my main guitar and I've moved since having the half stack - it's far too loud to consider using where I am currently, and I don't really fancy a small modelling amp, which has brought me to USB modelling packages.

I've previously owned a Line 6 Toneport UX2, which was... okay... for the time, but I'm interested in getting something that is as close as possible to emulating the insane tube distortion I used to get with my old setup... I know it's a big ask and basically impossible - but what setup will allow me to get the closest to that?

-I play metal
-Live in the UK

Many thanks...
I would try a axe fx since you haven't given a budget
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
The Line 6 POD HD's are surprisingly good sounding. They're almost up there with Axe-FX. If you have no real budget, then Axe-FX is the way to go, though.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
My mistake - should have mentioned the budget. I'm gonna go ahead and say less than £4-500, bearing in mind that I could just buy a bugera half stack and some kind of attenuator for anymore than that.

I was thinking Line 6 Pods... I'll have a look at some youtube vids. =)
www.soundcloud.com/brokenlungs

i have a wide variety of clips of the pod
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Digitech makes some great mfx units. I have the rp355 and you get so many features for the price you pay and the effects and amp models sound great. I highly recommend it. Here's the rp500 http://www.digitech.com/en/products/rp500

Here's a video demo of the rp500 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91q9SFezvUM
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 10, 2011,
just get an irig and amplitube. or get a small fender mustang (nice and cheap) and use the fender FUSE software as its free. that will save you ALOT of money and the fender modelers are actually pretty good and very reasonably priced