0 0%
Epi Custom
3 38%
Epi Standard
2 25%
Other: Specify.
1 13%
Voters: 8.
I'm looking for a cheap guitar to use as a back-up for gigs since I'm always breaking strings and have several songs that requite tuning between songs.

I'm looking to pay about $AUD 300 all up (price+postage), but I'm willing to go to $400. I've mainly been searching ebay because there's nowhere in my town that wil sell anything near decent for that amount of money.

Have a look at these for me, and let me know what you think;

Patriot Standard
"Grote" Chinese LP knock Off
Epiphone LP Custom
Epiphone LP Standard

EDIT: Any suggestions are welcome. They don't have to be les paul shaped, either. THat's just what I ended up in my search.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Aug 10, 2011,
dude, give it more than 4 hours.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
all I can honestly say, through experience, is that the stock pickups on the Epi LP (standard) are pretty bad
I'd never trust a Chinese copy like that without having played and tested it extensively myself.

I know nothing of the patriot, but epi customs are solid.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
michael kelly makes very good instruments. if i were you, i would get a michael kelly, and maybe get one of the slightly nicer models. like the decree, glory, vintage, etc.

but, epi customs are kinda worth it, but they just seem low quality to me for their price. if you immediately changed out the nut, pickups, bridge and tailpiece, then i would say the guitar would be worthy... but, thats quite a bit of money.... so....
For $300AU an Epi custom is amazing imo. I don't think that guy ^ really knows how much guitars go for here.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
epi custom
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Quote by gilly_90
For $300AU an Epi custom is amazing imo. I don't think that guy ^ really knows how much guitars go for here.

Yeah, $300 is a bargain even for a low quality entry level guitar..
wow, just saw that you said aus instead of euro....

thats 308 american...

get the epi custom.