What makes a metal song called a black metal song ?? or a death metal song ?? lemme see each one's caracteristics ! and the difference between them =D
Death Metal

Black Metal

Should be pretty easy from here.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Sorry I'm not tr00 enough. I'm trying to keep things simple for this guy ¬_¬ Didn't think this was the "post the kvltest and tr00est bands you know thread".
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Sorry I'm not tr00 enough. I'm trying to keep things simple for this guy ¬_¬ Didn't think this was the "post the kvltest and tr00est bands you know thread".

Wow, strawman when there wasn't even an argument at hand. 'Grats
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
Wow, strawman when there wasn't even an argument at hand. 'Grats
Strawman, my arse. The things he mentioned were fully well implied.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by fumb duck
Cannibal Corpse and Immortal.... Really?

Well, Cannibal Corpse are one of the biggest selling death metal bands of all time, and Immortal is a perfectly legitimate mention. What's the problem?
death metal

black metal

ull see the differnce
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
It certainly would appear that fumb duck thought those two were very bad examples.

As for the characteristics: these genres are generally based on sets of heterogenous features, usually stylistic tendencies and musical and lyrical themes originally employed by one or more archetypal groups in the genre, and then copied by subsequent artists. These features would include (but not be limited to): for death metal, frequent tempo changes, downtuned, chromatic riffing, blast beats, and guttural vocals; for black metal, tremolo riffing, blast beats, low-fi production, and screechy vocals. However, although one can name some features, the characteristic sound is really best demonstrated by listening to said archetypal bands. The rest of the metal forum can argue about what these bands are.
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by ChemicalFire

Ive watched entire seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm that made me cringe less than this.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.