I have an Ibanez RG 320 DX; looking to sound like Judas Priest (maybe combinations for both Glenn and KK, should I buy another guitar). What pickups, strings, picks, etc. would be a good choice?
~ sonic_knx
what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the amp will make the biggest difference in tone. if your amp cant do the tone you want, you could change every other thing and still not be able to get the tone you want.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah you'd really be looking to get an amp aimed at judas priest before upgrading all those other things. not that they'll make no difference, just they'd not really justify the expense.

it's your call and your money, of course, so you can do what you want. that's just what we think
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
marshall jcm800? I'm guessing that's what they used, but i could be wrong. anything based on a hot rod marshall would work more or less- laney gh50/100l, splawn, peavey windsor (on the cheap), etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the input . But as far as that goes, say if I were to get that amp, what would I want to do afterwards?
~ sonic_knx
then i guess you could try to get pickups which are aimed at those tones. maybe an od pedal to use as a boost. and then if you need any other pedals (delay, chorus, wah etc.).

EDIT: you need a speaker cabinet with those amp heads. that'd be the first thing to buy, lol. or else get a combo version (traynor ycv50b may work too).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hehe
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?