Page 1 of 4
Think these probably guys probably belong here. Move or lock the thread if not I guess.

THE HAARP MACHINE
UK

Progressive Deathcore/Metalcore band from the UK. For fans of Painted in Exile, BTBAM and maybe the Faceless, but they're not quite as heavy as the Faceless.

They're Sumarians latest signing and are touring with Decapitated on their next tour.

Check out their first release track here:
http://youtu.be/hfmG4zumTfg
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Eh metal is too close minded of a genre at the moment. All the interesting stuff is happening in the Hardcore/Metalcore genre at the moment anyway.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I think it's because so many of the metal purist types end up stuck in their ruts. No matter how many times I've read interviews with prominent, "tr00" thrash, black and death metal bands where they talk about how their new album is a revolutionary refinement of their sound, or some ridiculous level of influences that have no outcome on the actual music, I still find that the core bands are the ones who back up their claims. It almost feels like when a metal band tries to incorporate outside influences into their music, it just sounds like their music with the odd dissonant chord, or sludgey riff, and when core bands do it, it's obvious exactly where they're coming from. You can hear the influence, you can actually tell that the band has worked to properly intergrate the sounds together... At least, when it's done well. Personal observation, and of course this is a vague and utterly meaningless rant, but it's what I've noticed in my explorations over the last few years.
It kinda bored me to be honest, I think I'm pretty done with this kinda music.

I think I just need a new slice of PIE. Eh?
We do. Any idea when the full length drops?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
That was actually an excellent point, Jack.

On topic, I'm pretty excited for this band's stuff. The video where the guitarist plays through that song is pretty awesome.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I listened to their first song and thought it had potential. Even if it was boring at parts, watching the guitarist play it was awesome. However, I listened to this song and now i'm hooked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYAPmIqWzf0&feature=related

Dislike their name a little bit though...it brings out all the conspiracy theorists.
Last edited by The Spoon at Aug 16, 2011,
Quote by TheReverend724
Didn't care for the song, but it wasn't awful

Although, I found this while listening to it, so it might have made the song less bad

god damn.
Quote by TheReverend724
Didn't care for the song, but it wasn't awful

Although, I found this while listening to it, so it might have made the song less bad

Best part of this thread.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Been listening to "The Escapist Notion" and the instrumental, pre-production recording of "Pleadian Keys" for a few days now. Really quite psyched for the full length now.
This band isn't half bad. Listened to The Escapist Notion when I was baked and it was rather enjoyable.
Decided im going to take a shot at covering The Escapist Notion after I'm done learning Mowgli. It'll be awhile..
Band is good, but something about their songwriting makes me not want to listen to them very often.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
I read your post and then watched the studio update, and when it got to 3:12 I was like yeah, that sounds like a StC riff

Goddamn, what I would do to have my palm muting sound that clean and fluid....
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I read your post and then watched the studio update, and when it got to 3:12 I was like yeah, that sounds like a StC riff

Goddamn, what I would do to have my palm muting sound that clean and fluid....

So true. I've basically been listening to all of the HAARP demos and going "GODDAMN, WHY CAN'T I GET STC TO SOUND LIKE THIS"

My only issue is that his guitar tone is a bit rough, however, there's still an amazing amount of clarity in it, which astounds me...
Judging from their band name they're probably really into conspiracy theories in general, dude.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I don't think they actually are conspiracy theorist... it's just a name.

It's like TDWP don't write songs about some shitty movie.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
I dunno... Suspicious song names... Denied entry into the states.... Surprisingly similar to what I've wanted to hear lately, suggesting some sort of mind control/reading device...
<_<...
>_>....

I don't understand why people think they got denied entry into the US because of their band name...do people really think immigration or whoever asked for their band name when they were trying to get in? Lol
Page 1 of 4