Hi guys,

you may remember a previous post of mine( website ideas )

Because the assignment is mainly about generating as much traffic as possible, I'm going to go with an online metronome. (to start of with) It takes less time to build, less time on maintenance and I think it attracts a bigger crowd.

Now here's my question: is there an online metronome you use? and are there any improvements you would like to see in that website?

Thanks for helping me out.
Last edited by Kristof_EG at Aug 10, 2011,
Quote by Steve635z

Thank you man. Works great.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Kristof_EG
Was this your suggestion of a domain name, or a metronome you used?

That's the metronome I use. It's good cause you can choose what sound the click makes, I use a cows moo.
Quote by Kristof_EG
Was this your suggestion of a domain name, or a metronome you used?

People usually use that as a joke, parodying this site's domain name to suggest that the original post is not suitable for a forum about guitars. For example, 'www.ultimate-lawyer.com' is sometimes posted as a joke in threads asking this forum for legal advice.
Well, if you have any other (serious) ideas that I can use for my assignment...

Just let me know
I don't use an online metronome. I just use a metronome that's in my phone.

As for any improvements...a metronome is, you know, just a metronome. It can't get any better than that.

Maybe you can include some drum tracks, so whoever that is applicable to can use it.

I shall wait for 'notsureifserious.jpg' to surface.
Quote by SG_dave
I don't use a metronome

I like to keep time myself, and I'm not bothered about improving speed since I'm fast enough.
I laugh at you less fortunate than I.

You're so cool. Wish i was like you .
I hate metronomes. I believe that they can have a negative effect on your playing and artistry, except maybe in certain very specific situations, like increasing the speed of a lick.

Before you jump down my throat, check this out: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Metronome

There's a lot of IMO, irrefutable arguments against its use there. The only thing I would add is IT'S SO DAMN ANNOYING.

That said, I'd improve upon the most used site, metronome online, by allowing any tempo at all (not that it's that big of a deal), having different click sound options, including something like a bass drum, which isn't so annoying, and having a better web design.
You'd be surprised how sloppy some people's rhythm guitar playing is if they don't record with a metronome. They can be detrimental to lead playing though, specifically when it comes to phrasing, and you know, playing with "emotion", whatever that means.
Quote by ZombieCommando
You'd be surprised how sloppy some people's rhythm guitar playing is if they don't record with a metronome. They can be detrimental to lead playing though, specifically when it comes to phrasing, and you know, playing with "emotion", whatever that means.

Well, to be brutally honest, those people probably shouldn't be recording in the first place if that's the case. A musician without internal rhythm is like a car without wheels...or something.