Just got my new Peavey Pv6 Mixer/Interface and I've got it working... relatively well, with a few bugs. Wondering who would be so kind to help me.

First, Line in:
It records clean, but I can't find a way to get distortion on the track and make it sound good. (I use Audacity for the simple reason that Reaper won't seem to work. I can get Adobe Audition if it's better.) Would I be better off running my pedal through the interface? it has an "EFX Out" and "EFX In" 1/4" jack.

Micing:
My sound quality is no good distorted. It could be because I have 1 Shure SM58 that records a 15W amp from 10 years ago. I'm still waiting to try this with 2 mics on my friends Fender Mustang. Clean sounds a little bit crackly too, but nothing that toying with it can't fix.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by gateway01 at Aug 10, 2011,
i'm not an expert in recording, but i used audacity as well before i got cubase and adobe audition. compared to the last two, distortion on audacity sounded like a horny bumblebee. you could try other free software or download a free trail of professional software to see if the problem lies with audacity.