A few days ago I slightly adjusted my right arm/wrist position while playing and it felt much better and loose while I was playing. But when I woke up there a good deal of pain up through my forearm, elbow, and wrist. I thought I'd injured it but I took a day off and iced it and the next day I played for a short bit also icing and the pain seems about gone.

Am I doing something wrong or is this possibly just my arm being sore after using new muscles and part of the process overwriting some muscle memory?
There is a difference between sore and pain.
Sore can be good if you havnt worked new muscles
Pain is bad, which means you can get injury if you continue.

I would keep playing and if it keeps coming up then I would stop. You dont want it to become permanent.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
There is a difference between sore and pain.
Sore can be good if you havnt worked new muscles
Pain is bad, which means you can get injury if you continue.

I would keep playing and if it keeps coming up then I would stop. You dont want it to become permanent.

This, you don't want to hurt yourself, that'll lead to you not playing period for said amount of time.
  • Beer
  • Friends
  • Producing and Recording
  • Sitcoms
  • Eastern Kentucky University
  • Dead Fret

My ambition is handicapped by laziness
I think you might be right. Using new parts of muscles for your new technique that aren't perhaps used to the speed you play at.

Definitely take it easy. RSI can put you out the game for weeks or months.
Warm up to your new technique before playing and keep your muscles as relaxed as possible.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"