okay everytime i do a solo like a7x's sidewinder acoustic solo. my pinky finger is always far away from my fretboard while the rest of my fingers are close to the fretboard. because while doing a solo my first 3 fingers "curl" while my pinky "stands up straight"

its getting annoying because..

(1) My Pinky sometimes fret the wrong string
(2) My Pinky frets the string too late
(3) My Pinky frets the wrong fret

Is there anyway i can fix this? are there some sort of exercise or something?
Yes there is something you can do; it's this thing called 'practice', maybe you've heard of it?

Really, the more you use is the better you'll get at using it, don't worry about specific exercises, just keep yourself relaxed, don't push yourself too much for the speed and keep using the finger when it is needed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I had simaler problems for a bit but going up on the chromatic scale helped me but keeping all my fingers on the string and moving 1 finger at a time for the next note on the higher string.

im rubbish at explaining things lol. hope that helps anyways
Quote by asmileyfish
I had simaler problems for a bit but going up on the chromatic scale helped me but keeping all my fingers on the string and moving 1 finger at a time for the next note on the higher string.

im rubbish at explaining things lol. hope that helps anyways

I advise people stay away from overpracticing chromatics, they don't have any actual use so why bother doing them that much? You can get the same benefits from practicing musical ideas.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I advise people stay away from overpracticing chromatics, they don't have any actual use so why bother doing them that much? You can get the same benefits from practicing musical ideas.

well it helped me so i thought id contribute.