Being a crucial of member of Animal Collective, Panda Bear has been an integral part of the indie music scene since the dawn of the new century. At 33 years old and with over 15 albums under his belt, Noah Lennox has established himself as a force to be reckoned with.

His work with Animal Collective has him supplying the backbone to the band's signature freak-folk jams, playing spinning rhythms, tribal toms patterns, and bouncy afro-cuban grooves over spacey atmospheres and noisy explosions. He has a basis to keep his grooves simple, playing just what he needs to establish a tasty groove. His unique style has been crucial for the band's sound to stay relevant for over 10 years. Besides his work behind the kit, he also provides back-up vocals, sharing almost half of their singing duties with vocalist Avey Tare. Beside his kit, he uses a few sampling machines such as the Roland SP-555 and the Boss SP-303.

Animal Collective - "The Purple Bottle"

Animal Collective - "Chores"

Besides his work with Animal Collective, Panda Bear has gained success as a solo artist, releasing critically acclaimed albums such as Person Pitch and 2011's Tomboy. With his solo material, his signature grooves take a backseat to soaring melodies and reverb soaked percussion.

Panda Bear - "Bro's"

Thanks for reading!

Also, after September, there are no entrees for DOTM, so go sign up!
Whats the ball shaped thing just under his face on the first picture? Also that kick drum looks huge
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Ah fair enough, I've never seen one before
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I am a hipster and I do not like this... I liked this band before they were famous...

Thanks for posting this, man! I'll see what I can do for October, if no one else wants it.