Because life left them behind for the most part, and they're prisoners to their own minds, bodies and memories.
Because they've lived life and decided "Fuck this, buncha morons..."
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Nam, they've seen some things man. You weren't there man, you weren't there.
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Come on dude... wouldn't you get pissed if you smelled of cabbage and stale... piss? all day?

OTT, generally, i find old people to be quite nice and friendly if i'm honest. OP must be grungy smelly teenager... :P
Quote by Rocker007
Blackrat has won this thread. That is an awsome post.

This was posted right after I posted said post in a completely different thread... Whups.

"There are 3 types of people in this world... Those who can count, and those who can't."
they're not exactly grumpy, just to others. when they're on their own/family, the majority of them are fun, loving people.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I'd imagine it's because with a wealth of life experience they have become embittered with day to day life. Of course this is all just pure speculation unless somebody wants to go digging for a psychological study on it.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by blake1221
Because life left them behind for the most part, and they're prisoners to their own minds, bodies and memories.

Well that was dark.
PM me for newts
Because of stereotypes, generalizations, and people who support them
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
Quote by Andrea55
Cause we know there's nothing else left for us.

Damnit, I'm not old!

OT They're jealous of our youth.
They don't have much else, a lot of them have lost their independence after being so self reliant all their lives, sometimes nobody really visits them anymore, etc. If an elderly person is "grumpy" they tend to have a reason to be. The majority of seniors I've met though have been really social and have very interesting stories from their past. I think I've learned more from my grandfather than my dad, school or anyone else.
Because, Boobs
Because they are in a lot of pain but can't always express it which causes them to be irritable. Often on a lot of medication and with poor mobility, it can be frustrating to lose the things you used to have, like the ability to walk or to remember names.
Because they're gonna die soon.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Because they decide not to put up with bullshit anymore.

Old people are awesome. They just say whatever they want
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Because they know how shit the world is. Hence the term ignorance is bliss. Kids are the happiest things ever over nothing, dangle some key's infront of a baby and they lose their minds. When you're older, and/or smart, you realize how terrible the world is and they're just desensitized to everything. Namely, DEY DUN GIVUH FUK.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Old people are grumpy because they can feel death looming over them, and are unable to escape it, until one day it finally swoops down, like a falcon, and takes its prey.

Or because they have diaper-rash. Either one.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Quote by WCPhils
Because they decide not to put up with bullshit anymore.

Old people are awesome. They just say whatever they want
This, I wouldn't say the world sucks but there is more than enough BS to go around.
I'm not grumpy ya fucking cunts.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
^

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Because they are in a lot of pain but can't always express it which causes them to be irritable. Often on a lot of medication and with poor mobility, it can be frustrating to lose the things you used to have, like the ability to walk or to remember names.

I'll take your rational, well though-out, and useless post and raise you this one:

Quote by ....Satan
Nam, they've seen some things man. You weren't there man, you weren't there.

much better
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

I'll take your rational, well though-out, and useless post and raise you this one:

much better

Your face is useless
Quote by SG_dave
Sounds like someone's in pain and on medication

that was bold!
Quote by blake1221
No, that's italicized.

so's your face
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I'm 23 not 93!

Then why are you so damn grumpy????

Oh wait.........
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Your face is useless

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Because you won't stay off of their fucking yards.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Cuz kids throw poo on their doorstep every day! Every fucking day, TS. They won't stop putting flaming bags of poo in front of my door, ringing the doorbell, and running away laughing!